GFCI outlets in a 2014 4000

remoandiris

Anyone know how many GFCI (aka GFI) outlets are in a 4000? I have 1 in the bathroom. A dealership service techs thinks I should have 2 in my unit. HL cust svc was less than helpful.

If HL didn't hide the friggin outlets it wouldn't be such a chore finding them.

danemayer

If you'll start at the beginning and tell us what problem you're trying to solve and what you've done so far, someone may be able to help you.

remoandiris

If you'll start at the beginning and tell us what problem you're trying to solve and what you've done so far, someone may be able to help you.

All I'm looking for is the total number of GFCI outlets and their locations in my 2014 CY4000. I have 1 in the bathroom. Maybe that is the only 1, IDK. Like I said in the OP, a service tech told me he thinks the unit has 2.

I have 4 total outlets in the bedroom, none are GFCI. One on each side of the bed at the foot, one in the closet (washer/dryer hookup) and one on the ceiling at the TV mount.

1 outlet in the bath. It is GFCI.

One outlet in the livingroom at the entertainment center. Not GFCI

3 in the kitchen. One in the cabinet above the micro (for micro only), one beside the micro on the underside of the cabinet, one on the face of the sink behind the couch. None are GFCI.

2 in the garage under the storage cabinets adjacent to each outside wall. Neither are GFCI.

One outlet in the compartment where water/cable connections are. Not GFCI.,

One in the basement on the curb side. Not GFCI.

So, if there is a 2nd GFCI outlet on my coach, I just want to know where it is. Otherwise, I have a single GFCI in the bathroom.

scottyb

I can't answer your question, but how are you determining whether they are GFCI or not. I guess I always assumed the ones in the kitchen were since they are in a wet area, even though they appear to be standard receptacles. I assumed they were downstream of a main GFCI receptacle. Could be wrong.

jnbhobe

Push the test button and see witch ones still work. I think you can run up to 5 or 6 receptacles off one GFI.

jimtoo

You probably only have one GFI switch,,,, but you may have several plugs that are protected by the one GFI switch/plug. Any that are outside like the fridge connection point are probably connected to the GFI. Push the button to turn it off and then check all your outlets with a lamp or meter, if you have one.

Jim.Allison

Trip the bathroom GFI outlet. Take a volt meter and start testing plugs, all of those 0 voltage plugs will be in the GFI circuit. All the outside plugs should be in the GFI circuit by code. Are you looking for two GFI outlets or 2 outlet on the GFI circuit?
All I'm looking for is the total number of GFCI outlets and their locations in my 2014 CY4000. I have 1 in the bathroom. Maybe that is the only 1, IDK. Like I said in the OP, a service tech told me he thinks the unit has 2.

I have 4 total outlets in the bedroom, none are GFCI. One on each side of the bed at the foot, one in the closet (washer/dryer hookup) and one on the ceiling at the TV mount.

1 outlet in the bath. It is GFCI.

One outlet in the livingroom at the entertainment center. Not GFCI

3 in the kitchen. One in the cabinet above the micro (for micro only), one beside the micro on the underside of the cabinet, one on the face of the sink behind the couch. None are GFCI.

2 in the garage under the storage cabinets adjacent to each outside wall. Neither are GFCI.

One outlet in the compartment where water/cable connections are. Not GFCI.,

One in the basement on the curb side. Not GFCI.

So, if there is a 2nd GFCI outlet on my coach, I just want to know where it is. Otherwise, I have a single GFCI in the bathroom.

remoandiris

Thanks all for your input.

I'm not looking for those "protected" but the GFCI, just the real, push button, GFCI outlets. Looks like one only in the bath.

I did find 2 other non-GFCI outlets. One more behind the tv and the one for the outside mini fridge.

IIRC, there are electrical codes that require GFCI near wet areas. Since the 3 kitchen outlets are not close to the sink, I don't believe they are required to be GFCI.

Jim.Allison

Thought of you today while inspecting my rig, My basement plug is GFCI but it only has a sticker on it, not a trip/reset. It is wired into the bathroom circuit. Glad you got your answer......
Thanks all for your input.

I'm not looking for those "protected" but the GFCI, just the real, push button, GFCI outlets. Looks like one only in the bath.

I did find 2 other non-GFCI outlets. One more behind the tv and the one for the outside mini fridge.

IIRC, there are electrical codes that require GFCI near wet areas. Since the 3 kitchen outlets are not close to the sink, I don't believe they are required to be GFCI.

Shugh

We have the same unit.

you have 1 gfi reset in the wash room

it protects the living room outlets/kitchen outlets/ behind couch and the underbelly outlets both sides. Rest of the rig is using normal outlets.

Before departing on our first trip we tested very outlet.