Give Heartland your feedback on the 2012 Landmark - what do you want?

GOTTOYS

I'm thinking Montana has a model with the front living room. It's nice to have something different, but no windows across the front and if it did you would be looking at a parking lot. Not for me. I also like the security of having the bedroom windows up high enough to leave them open at night with no worries. Just another persons opinion...Don

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about offering the standard vinyl graphics only painted on as an option. Then you don't have to worry about them shrinking or peeling.

jbeletti

Good feedback on a front livingroom. Please keep it coming. What you like about it, what you do not like about it and if you would want one if you were in the market.

Gene - with the Landmark San Antonio as the example, we are starting to see more differentiation between Landmark and Bighorn. We achieve this not by taking Bighorn down in any way. We are differentiating in terms of more Landmark-only features and options.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Here's a video on that Montana 3750 (middle of page). Interesting layout. Not too sure about this one's toilet behind the door. Could be some serious knee injuries. Looks like there was an outside entry door into the bathroom, too. That could get you arrested in several states as a sex offender if you forget to lock it.

The dining table in a slide like that might be a problem for larger folks. Looks kind of tight.

http://www.ask.com/web?&o=101881&l=dis&q=montana%203750%20trailer

But, would I give up my 3670 layout for it? NOPE!

Last edited:

bill40

Had a front living room floor plan on our first 5er, best set up we have ever had, and back then no slides. Looks as if they are making a come back.

jayc

Legendary Member
We'd be interested in looking at a front living room trailer. I like the floorplan more than Stella does but the ones I've seen were very appealing. What about something with a half-bath in the living room?

Granny5eh

Jim, I will be retiring in fall 2012 and will be purchasing my 5th Wheel. It will be to live in all year round. 6 mths in Canada and 6 mths in USA/Mexico. I have been playing with many floor plan ideas. I have seen your Canyon and Oakmont and like them both, but would like to take the best of everything and make one RV. I have 4 dogs and like the idea of a separte living area with doors between the living room and kitchen and kitchen and bedroom. Here is just one idea I came up with. Hope you like it. Plse excuse the poor drawing.

Plan 007.jpg
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

porthole

Retired
I like Grann5eh's plan, with a minor addition.
Round off the bathroom and add a door for bathroom entrance

Attachments

• Plan 007.jpg
    Plan 007.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 77

2010augusta

Well it seems like a nice layout, BUT the scale puts it at just over 45' long, and with 6 slides it would be darn heavy. and the bathroom seem way under scale for the sink and toilet.

We have a Rushmore ordered and would love to know what the "improvements" are that are being made. If you don't plan to install a washer/dryer a built-in shelf option would be nice. I love the deep shelves at the end of the closet in our Bighorn. Also, rumor has it that there are now drawers in the space beside the slide mechanism under the bed. What a great idea! Our Bighorn has lots of electrical outlets. Hope the Rushmore has as many. Can't figure out where we can plug in a coffee pot without wires running everywhere . We're assuming there is an outlet behind the couch we can hook into but after reading some of the posts I'm beginning to wonder. Also our Bighorn has an airbed AND a drawer under the couch. Don't really need the airbed but we do use the drawer space. I also wish the European style chairs (gliders with footstools) was an option. They are much easier to get in and out of.

jjwink

We love our 2011 Rushmore = now that we have used it for 4 months we would suggest a 6 point level up instead of 4; bring living area overhead cabinets out flush with kitchen cabinets. They are too shallow. The cabinets over television are also too shallow & too high. Use LEDs in more places. In the washer closet make shelving or drawers an option for those not wanting a washer. Day/night shades in bedroom need to be darker. Make UDC it's own compartment, separate water connections more, add a flange to close the hose opening after hookup; storage drawers or tubs under the bed; As we said we love our Rushmore - these are just "suggestions" to make the customers happier.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
We just saw the new Key Largo, "up close and personal" at the Tampa show. One suggestion is to add more drawers or cupboards in the bedroom for folded clothes and linens. The current "dresser" and tall cabinet provide very little storage and if you want a washer there are no other options. We don't carry many clothes because we have a washer, but I still would not have enough room for our clothes. The bathroom is not an option for towel storage as the cabinets in there are very small. There are no drawers in the bathroom.

Maybe the TV cabinet could be replaced with a cupboard with shelves. That would work for me, but some people want the TV in the bedroom.

Maybe a split bath would provide the space needed for more storage in the bedroom. If a mega shower is desired the BH 3455RL would work. There is still no sink in the bedroom and a sliding door on both sides provides privacy. The pantry wall in the kitchen would lose the tall flat cabinet, but perhaps it could be moved across next to the entry door.

Other than that it is a super coach. Love that counter area and the island. Awesome.

I know I am 1 of 1, but I would like to see a wood choice in a lighter color along with lighter wall colors and furniture. The interiors seem to get darker every year.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The bed has 3 very large drawers under it. We bought the KL at the show and love it. Would not change it. IMHO. Maybe look at the San Antionio.

TeleBack

Probably too late. Maybe 2013? LOL

Upgrade your coax cable, connectors, and quality control regarding coax. The Internet has been here for quite some time. It demands quality connections.

tia

jbeletti

Bill,

This has been addressed at the plant. Did this about a month back. My sense is that your Landmark was produced prior to that.

Jim

vinyl with a wood flooring look......and better quality carpet.
This thread is being created on behalf of Coley Brady, Director of 5th Wheel Sales for Heartland RVs.

Hello Heartlanders,

We've been working overtime on new Landmark floor plans and ideas. We'd love to get input from you on what you'd like to see in Landmark for the 2012 model year. Please use this thread to tell us what you think and what you'd want if you were in the market for a Landmark.

While nothing is off limits, here are a few areas of particular interest are:

• Exterior look (graphics, paint etc.)
  • Exterior features
  • Floor plans (new ideas, tweaks of current floor plans etc.)
  • Decor (carpeting, vinyl flooring, wall covering, curtains etc.)
  • Furniture
  • Cabinetry
  • Counter surfaces
  • Appliances
  • Entertainment
  • Bed
  • Bathroom
Thank you,

Coley Brady
Director of 5th Wheel Sales

timbuktu

NH.jpg For those who would like a bigger bathroom, how about a split bath like in this image? There is a wall with pocket door seperating the bathroom from bedroom and providing a seperate area for the w/d. Having a bath like this really increases the roominess! Just a thought...