Glass Tile Backsplash

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We did not use self-stick...ours was applied using troweled on adhesive, but the tiles are about half the thickness of a traditional glass tile sheet. I can't imagine them going anywhere...the wall would have to have lots of movement, and I don't see any indication of ANY movement...

Did you remove the wall paper or just trowel adhesive over it. Ken

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Nope..applied adhesive right over wallboard. Have found it to be very resilient...won't even come off when removing heavy duty Velcro...

Porkchop

Looks awesome! I want to attempt this one day as well! But I think we might be the simplest kind. Is there one where you don't have to grout?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
OK, is there going to be a show coach and demo class for this at Gillette??? :confused:

Erika

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kathy yours looks good too!! I really like it and I would go from the stove to the spice rack too!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Jim! The best part is that after we return the two sheets of tile we didn't need...the entire job cost a whopping $51.00!! That even included the trowel and float...well worth it, IMO!! Really pulls the kitchen area together and "warms" it up!! What I really liked is these sheets were much thinner than most of what we saw...really adds very little weight.

P.S. returned the tiles but needed more grout, so the cost was actually $64.00 total...here's a completed picture...grouted it this morning!!

View attachment 19181
Very nice. I like the color it brings into the trailer. Good job to both you and Gus.

katkens

Looks like a couple of us got Kenny in trouble again! :rolleyes::angel:

WELL!!! Gus ,I hope your happy now , had to make a trip to Home Depot. I"ll let you try an guess what Kathy bought and had to move to the top of my honey-do list. Thanks old pal ,buddy.......Kenny

jnbhobe

WELL!!! Gus ,I hope your happy now , had to make a trip to Home Depot. I"ll let you try an guess what Kathy bought and had to move to the top of my honey-do list. Thanks old pal ,buddy.......Kenny

Hope you get a lot of practice before Sept.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Glad I could be of assistance...:angel:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Gus seems to have a way of coming up with projects which create more work for other people...just saying. :D

katkens-DW

I don't know about that Jon, I think the best is the level up!! I mean disc brakes are good iam sure but once you have had level up it would be hard to do with out!!!

jnbhobe

I don't know about that Jon, I think the best is the level up!! I mean disc brakes are good iam sure but once you have had level up it would be hard to do with out!!!

Ya made Kenny use up all his leveling boards remodeling so he has to have level-up, LOL