going to the finger lakes in New York

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Frank there's Wine, Wine, Wine, and even more Wine!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Can't help with the park. We stayed at a COE park in Northern PA (Ives I believe). About an hour drive to Watkins Glen. Nice place to visit. They have a beautiful gorge about a mile long. We took the bus up and walked down. Like Travlin2 said, there are wineries everywhere.

travelin2

Baker is referring to Ives Run cg just north of Mansfield PA off of US 15. Amenities vary...
Not far from Wellsboro PA, home of what's called the PA Grand Canyon.
Yes to Watkins Glen on Seneca Lake

travelin2

Corning glass works museum, aviation museums, several very scenic NY state parks with camping, visit Ithaca NY

wehavefun

KOA Watkins Glen is beautiful also, Sampson State Park over looks Seneca lake, smack in the middle ofvwone country if your interested.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hickory Hill Campground in Bath New York is a great place to stay actually we will be holding our wine tour rally there this fall (information under the event tab) and they are near the wineries, the manager Penny, will help assist you too with what ones to visit and provide information on who might be able to drive you around.

oldelmer1

Ditto in Hickory Hill Campground in Bath New York, we stayed there 2 or 3 years ago and it was really nice CG.

MP_CS

Hickory hill! Right at the foot of kueka lake and absolutely great park. They have some very nice shady pull throughs if they're available.

Alan_B

We are spending a week there in July. The first 4 days in Clute Park, a city RV park in Watkins Glen. Then 4 days in Letchworth State Park.

Ditto on the Corning Museum of Glass. Worth a trip for sure.

MP_CS

We are spending a week there in July. The first 4 days in Clute Park, a city RV park in Watkins Glen. Then 4 days in Letchworth State Park.

Ditto on the Corning Museum of Glass. Worth a trip for sure.

Letchworth is amazing, but fair warning the campground is very tight. I hope you get the horn in a good spot.

BigGuy82

Suggestions:

Glenn Curtiss Museum - Hammondsport at south end of Keuka Lake. Also the town of Hammondsport is a neat place.
Watkins Glenn State Park - s end of Seneca Lake
Taughannock Falls State Park just north of Ithaca at s end of Cayuga Lake (pronounced ta hon ic)
Best wine trails circle Cayuga and Seneca lakes, although there's wineries along each of the 5 major lakes. If you take a wine tour day, a designated driver will come in handy
Too many neat small towns with great restaurants to mention
Never camped here - live in the area

Have fun.

MP_CS

Hammondsport and the Curtis Wrightt museum are only a few minutes away from Hickory Hill resort. We went to both when we stayed there last time. Highly recommend.

travelin2

Letchworth is amazing, but fair warning the campground is very tight. I hope you get the horn in a good spot.

From Letchworth SP...
8a811c406b734a81bc2cf073c459cbfb.jpg
64441047af34b16f273255bdba823a2a.jpg

travelin2

Did you stay at the park campground or somewhere else. We drove through the campground last time we were at the park and its nice but very tight.

Last fall, November, just a drive thru the park for something to do. CG was closed then. BH was at Wilkins for warranty items/HL authorization.