Good Bye

pokypa

Traded the 2014 Big Horn. The nightmare has finally ended.
Please remove me from this form. Good bye to all.

JanAndBill

Best of luck with your new unit. It's unfortunate that these kind of "lemons" pop up from time to time with all brands. A neighbor bought another brand (the exact one we seriously considered), just after we bought our BH. He made one weekend trip and all the problems started. Stayed at the dealer for 3 months, next trip out frame cracked so bad they had to load it on a drop deck trailer and send back to the factory for repairs. 6 months later it was repaired again. All told, they got to use it 2 weekends in the first year of ownership.Manufacturer wrote them a check for $5000 for their trouble. They didn't even take it out again. Took the money and traded it on another model. Haven't heard of them having any problems with the new trailer.

The Magnuson-Moss act and Uniform Commercial Code both provide certain protections that supposedly would force a manufacturer to replace a unit or refund the purchase price, but I've not seen any instances of the consumer collecting on an RV. ******

Last edited by a moderator:

janisl

There are lemons in every item man makes. We had a car that was a lemon years ago but have never had another one even by the same manufacturer. Enjoy whatever you have now and safe travels.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Traded the 2014 Big Horn. The nightmare has finally ended.
Please remove me from this form. Good bye to all.

Even though you now have another brand, you can still come here and chat with us!

Keep in touch!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even new fire trucks can be lemons. We've got three of them, same manufacturer that starts with "P," less than 3 years old, that keep coming up with problems. One is currently out of service until we get them to cough up for new rear leaf springs that cracked (after they passed the dealer's DOT inspection). Electronic nightmares, too. Makes you real happy at over $600K apiece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
There are lemons in every item man makes. We had a car that was a lemon years ago but have never had another one even by the same manufacturer. Enjoy whatever you have now and safe travels.

Agreed! We bought a GMC Safari Van that we made them buy back three months later, using the Maryland State Lemon law...every GM we've owned since has been fine!