Good products

Mattman

Greetings. Thought I would start a topic about good products to have around. Talking about small things that can be helpful if your traveling down the road or home repair. Other things other than electric tape and screws. Here is one that I use for a lot HVAC type repairs modifications. It's like duct tape to the 10th power. I got a roll from the sheet metal workers a few years back. Good stuff.

https://www.carlislehvac.com/view.aspx?mode=media&contentID=420

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This reminds me -- having a roll of blue painter's tape is also good to have. I've used to to mark locations on a wall or other things, tape drawers so they wouldn't open in transit, as cord wrap to keep an electrical cord tidy, to temporarily hold items i'm gluing, to hold two items that go together to make sure they don't get separated (bag of screws with item that needs them), as a write-on label for a box or bag of items, and to hold an item in position so you can see what it looks like hands free (like a picture or decal or small lightweight item).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
A screw driver with the RV-Square end for those strange screws that only seem to be in RV's . . .

I keep one in my junk drawer in the kitchen island . . .

wdk450

RVers Goop elastometric sealer/adhesive (available in the RV section at Walmart). Good for holding screws on screwdrivers, too.

Caig DeOxIt electrical contact cleaner/restorer. Miracle stuff for all electrical contact surfaces. Available through Amazon.com

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Reuse a vitamin/prescription container to hold on to those small easy to loose items such as bonus screws (found in various hidden locations), light bulbs, etc. Amy also swears by (and uses extensively) 3M brand hanger hooks. they go on easy and are removable. I have yet to rip one off a wall and they seem to hold onto the paneling in the TT really well. They even have water proof ones that are good for the shower area!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Reuse a vitamin/prescription container to hold on to those small easy to loose items such as bonus screws (found in various hidden locations), light bulbs, etc. Amy also swears by (and uses extensively) 3M brand hanger hooks. they go on easy and are removable. I have yet to rip one off a wall and they seem to hold onto the paneling in the TT really well. They even have water proof ones that are good for the shower area!

Oh yes, 3M Command products are the best!!! I use them for everything. Hooks, small shelves, pictures, the Dyson vacuum charger (moved it out of the closet), security cam mounts, stick-on battery powered lights (anything that has an adhesive stick-on, I use 3M command strips instead.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Oh yes, 3M Command products are the best!!! I use them for everything. Hooks, small shelves, pictures, the Dyson vacuum charger (moved it out of the closet), security cam mounts, stick-on battery powered lights (anything that has an adhesive stick-on, I use 3M command strips instead.)

We used them in our Trail Runner, but they won't stay on the wall in the Prowler.

Plus, they damage the wallpaper when they fall off.

Others here have reported the same issue . . .