GoodYear 17.5 tires

MandA

I purchased (not New) a 2014 Landmark Key Largo. It was ordered with 8000lb axels and came with Good Year 17.5 H rated tires. Radial and regroovable. Last year I lost my trailer brakes on a trip. (has hydraulic brakes). Found that a hydraulic line had broken into on the right rear wheel. Here I made a bad decision to remove the brake line at a junction box and hammer the line closed reinstall and add brake fluid in a Walmart parking lot. I could not find the bleed zerk so I traveled on home. with air in the lines I had brake lockup and now have flat spots on the tires. Fixed the line and found where to bleed the lines (have to remove wheel to get to it) this done I had a slow leek in one tire so took it to tire shop and had it fixed. ask them to rebalance the tire. they said they could not as it required 15oz. to balance. WoW now I have tires all out of balance. after saying all this I have a couple questions.
1. where might I find a tire shop than can true the tires by removing tread to eliminate flat spots and mabe regrove.
2. what other brand tire is there to consider that may have a reasonable price. I was quoted $500+ each for replacement tires.
Any info. or suggestions are welcome.
I might add this the line broke because of vibration of the brake line as they run on top of the Axel and are not secured at all. I now have four zip ties on each Axel holding them in place. If you hydraulic brakes on your travel trailer you might want to check this. Last year I pulled this trailer to Alaska, I saw a lot of mountains. Glad this did not happen on that trip.
Mike

Kathi-27

performance trailer brake has sailun s637 that are 17.5 which has better reviews than goodyear for 235 each. thats what I upgraded to on are bighorn showed no wear after trip to colo. and back 3000 + miles still look like never ran them

danemayer

I used to have Goodyear G614s and as the tread wear started to become significant I contacted a Goodyear owned Wingfoot store to see if they could regroove the tires. They said they didn't do re-grooving and had never heard of anyone re-grooving G614s. You might check with the nearest Wingfoot store to see if they'll re-groove your G114 tires.

17.5" commercial trailer tires are made by a number of companies for regional trucking. Sailun is one.

Oldelevatorman

I used to have Goodyear G614s and as the tread wear started to become significant I contacted a Goodyear owned Wingfoot store to see if they could regroove the tires. They said they didn't do re-grooving and had never heard of anyone re-grooving G614s. You might check with the nearest Wingfoot store to see if they'll re-groove your G114 tires.

17.5" commercial trailer tires are made by a number of companies for regional trucking. Sailun is one.

Should say regroovable on the tire. My Sailuns have that on the sidewall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

performance trailer brake has sailun s637 that are 17.5 which has better reviews than goodyear for 235 each. thats what I upgraded to on are bighorn showed no wear after trip to colo. and back 3000 + miles still look like never ran them

Trailer tire and wheels is $215 shipped for S-637's

jnbhobe

2. what other brand tire is there to consider that may have a reasonable price. I was quoted $500+ each for replacement tires.
Any info. or suggestions are welcome

Simple tire is a national chain www.simpletire.com

Aandaar

Thanks, I have never heard of Simple tire. Will search for someplace close to me.

Simple Tire is an internet website business. No physical location. They will ship to installers in your area.

I have my truck tires shipped to a nearby Pepboys and they install for me.

For the trailer I pull the tires and take them down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had Simple Tire ship to my home. At my convenience I took them and the trailer to a shop that does large trucks. Pulled the rig into a drive thru bay and they replaced the old tires for a small fee, including balancing.