Goodyear Endurance ST tires

kf5qby

Prior to my trip east from Dallas last week I replaced all of the tires on the trailer with the Good-Year Endurance trailer tires in 205/75R14 LR-D. When I bought it used it already had Marathons of the same size in LR-C. Not knowing their history and since I was going to put well over 2k miles on the trailer before getting back home I thought it was prudent to swap them out.

The Endurance tires were flawless throughout the trip. While they are stiffer than the Marathons the extra 300 lbs of weight capacity per tire were worth the added safety over the gross weight of the trailer. The trailer felt more stable as well which I attributed to the stiffer sidewalls. The best feature is these are actually rated at 87 MPH instead of 65 for the Marathons. Not that I ever reached those speeds. I did cruise at 70 for extended periods and made sure to maintain a safe following distance.

All told, it was 2300 miles pulling the trailer in a week. The tires never needed to have air added and there is no unusual wear on the them. Overall I am very happy with the Endurance tires.

Tsys100718

I replaced all 5 of the factory tires on my new Trail Runner 302SLE with Goodyear Endurance tires and went up from 275 R 15s to 295 R 16s for the reduced rolling resistance and therefor a tad better MPG out of my TV. That and the fact that they are speed rated N, which translates to 87 mph, versus the factory tires rated L, or 75 mph.