Goodyear Endurance tires

Torres

Just got back from a trip and noticed a Towmax tire where the rubber separated from the cord, time to replace all tires. I guess I'm lucky these did not come apart on the highway and damage my Sundance XLT, anyhow in looking for tires I came across Goodyear Endurance tires but have not heard a lot about them. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Ducky

No experience yet, but removed the original Trailer King tires off my new BHTR 32RS and replaced with the new Goodyear Endurance tires. All 5 installed for under 1K. First trip coming up soon

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The Goodyear Endurance tires are new . . . replacing the old Goodyear Marathon tire, which are as bad as the BlowMax tires.

Haven't heard a lot about them yet, but there have been a couple people here that have switched to the Endurance and heard anything bad about them.

Tried and true tires to buy are the Maxxis 8008's.

I have Hi Run tires right now and have had one start to separate, so I'm looking at switching tires soon.

I'm probably going with the Maxxis tires.

Here is the bad Hi Run tire:

BadTireSM-IMAG0463.jpg BadTireSM-IMAG0464.jpg

MP_CS

I put a new set of Endurance tires on my Sundance XLT fiver this season but only have around 500 miles on them so far. Time will only tell how they'll be but my trailer guy said they are supposed to be a great tire. Guess we'll see.

Torres

Went today and replaced my Blowmax with Goodyear Endurance, the Towmax has a really flimsy soft sidewall compared to the Endurance. Notice what was missing when I replaced the bad tire with the spare tire. Heartland quality ?

Attachments

• Tire1.jpg
    Tire1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Tire2.jpg
    Tire2.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Tire3.jpg
    Tire3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 74

JohnD

Went today and replaced my Blowmax with Goodyear Endurance, the Towmax has a really flimsy soft sidewall compared to the Endurance. Notice what was missing when I replaced the bad tire with the spare tire. Heartland quality ?

Better get that wheel bearing repacked right away.

We lost an EZ-Lube hub on our previous Trail Runner in Arizona and almost lost the trailer to a fire.

CamperAt CWFlagstaffAZwheels.jpg

Lynn1130

Heartland quality ?

Heartland does not make tires so I don't think you can blame tire quality on them. From what I hear, they are no longer using Blowmax on their rigs and whether those of us who had issues and made them aware are the reason is unknown. Most companies building anything try to keep costs down with outsourced items. Sometimes that works and sometimes, as in the case of these tires it does not.

Torres

Actually the comment about Heartland Quality was referring to the fact that the axle is missing a bearing cap from the factory
Heartland does not make tires so I don't think you can blame tire quality on them. From what I hear, they are no longer using Blowmax on their rigs and whether those of us who had issues and made them aware are the reason is unknown. Most companies building anything try to keep costs down with outsourced items. Sometimes that works and sometimes, as in the case of these tires it does not.

B

Boatman

I believe the key phrase here is: "Made in China". I have too much money invested in my rig to cut corners running any tire made in China. There track record on tires is very poor.
Safe travels!

JohnD

I believe the key phrase here is: "Made in China". I have too much money invested in my rig to cut corners running any tire made in China. There track record on tires is very poor.
Safe travels!

The tires aren't the only items on our trailers that are made in China . . .

Lynn1130

Actually the comment about Heartland Quality was referring to the fact that the axle is missing a bearing cap from the factory

How many miles on it before it was found to be missing? I would have noticed something like that with the first trip and checking air in the tires. Who did the PDI?

danemayer

On a new trailer, the manual warns, and there's usually a sticker warning that the lugnuts need to be tightened after 25/50/200 miles. Looks like a missing cap would have been obvious when the hubcap was removed to expose the lugnuts.

If you didn't tighten the lugnuts, you might need to check on whether things are loose and whether you've got any damaged threads on the lugnuts or studs.

JohnD

We lost ours somewhere on Route 66 between Las Vegas, NM and Holbrook, AZ.

It also took the hub cap with it.

I'd never seen the EZ lube caps as the hub caps always covered the hubs.

Not sure how many miles we drove before I noticed the hub cap missing, but probably put another 300 miles on the trailer before the wheel bearing burned up.

Not being the most mechanical person in the world, I didn't know anything was missing.

Which is why I was upset at the service manager at the Flagstaff, AZ Camping World, who came outside and looked directly at the hub, and sold me the $15 hub cap, but failed to mention that I was about to loose a wheel bearing.

And that was the beginning of the end for that Trail Runner for us . . .

- - - Updated - - -

On a new trailer, the manual warns, and there's usually a sticker warning that the lugnuts need to be tightened after 25/50/200 miles. Looks like a missing cap would have been obvious when the hubcap was removed to expose the lugnuts.

If you didn't tighten the lugnuts, you might need to check on whether things are loose and whether you've got any damaged threads on the lugnuts or studs.

When you purchase a Heartland trailer here in Colorado, it should already have 1300 miles on it.

Wouldn't/shouldn't the delivery driver or dealership take care of tightening the lug nuts?

I had the Trail Runner tires balanced a few days after we bought it, and our Prowler, as you know, I had the tires swapped out and balanced before we took possession of it.

Torres

The chrome cap is under the wheel like on a truck and does not have to be removed to tighten lug nuts. Unless you remove the wheel the cap does not come out, when I removed the wheel to install the spare tire I noticed the bearing cap missing, the other 3 had them on. This 5th wheel was brand new when I bought it so I expected it to be complete. Tomorrow I will check and adjust all wheel bearings.

JohnD

John,

You have a lot of experience with dealers. I'll bet you know the answer to your question.

That I do . . . :rolleyes:

And yes . . . I do :)

I just find it amusing that a manufacturer would suggest that lug nuts be tightened at those mileage requirements when they should already know that the end purchaser won't even have it until it already has double, triple or more miles on it just getting it to the dealership.

agpopp

Just got back from a trip and noticed a Towmax tire where the rubber separated from the cord, time to replace all tires. I guess I'm lucky these did not come apart on the highway and damage my Sundance XLT, anyhow in looking for tires I came across Goodyear Endurance tires but have not heard a lot about them. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Just go back from Pirateland in Myrtle beach on Saturday and there was a fellow camped behind me with 2 blowouts on the way there. He called a tire service and they put on 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires. They are a new tire that I had never heard of. Turns out they are Goodyears response to all of the China bombs. They are made in the USA! And have a higher than normal weight rating AND an N speed rating for up to 85 MPH. I will replace my tires for next season with these unless something ugly shows up in their performance. Really am surprised we are not hearing more about these.
Time will tell.

JohnD

Just go back from Pirateland in Myrtle beach on Saturday and there was a fellow camped behind me with 2 blowouts on the way there. He called a tire service and they put on 4 new Goodyear Endurance tires. They are a new tire that I had never heard of. Turns out they are Goodyears response to all of the China bombs. They are made in the USA! And have a higher than normal weight rating AND an N speed rating for up to 85 MPH. I will replace my tires for next season with these unless something ugly shows up in their performance. Really am surprised we are not hearing more about these.
Time will tell.

I still wouldn't drive 85 mph pulling the trailer.

Just too dangerous.

I may have a look at the new Goodyears when I get ready to re-tire the Prowler sometime this summer.

I have Hi Run tires on it now.

cos

Changed my tires to the goodyear endurance as well. goodyears are a decent looking tire, and the trailer actually seems to stand alot better while parked. Amazing what difference in quality can make. Its a shame heartland would use such a crappy tire in the first place..... but Cant wait to tow it again

Goodyear endurance tires $700
Cost of a blowout due to crappy tires $x000
Peace of mind while on the road

PRICELESS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk