Goodyear G rated tires

Thunderbolt

Goodyear mades a ST tire that is G rated but of the life of me, I can not remember the name. Getting rid of the China gonna-blow-and-tear-up-your-trailer tires. Heartland did not have us at heart when they put this junk on our trailer.

Tree14

I agree !toy haulerhauler is just one year old and gotta buy 6 new tires? Cmon heartland we paid hard earned $$$$ for our dream

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

danemayer

Goodyear's load range G tire is the G614. It is designed for regional short-haul trailer applications and is also certified as an LT tire.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I'm curious to know what brand of tire is on your trailer?

We're on our second set of Goodyear G-614's and have been thoroughly satisfied with them.

mlpeloquin

I have the GoodYear G614's. Been across the country north to south, east to west, to Los Vegas more times than I can count, Northern California and Southern California many times and they are terrific tires. Note that they are LT tires, but are rated for trailer and drive wheel only. They are not for steering.

BigGuy82

Goodyear mades a ST tire that is G rated but of the life of me, I can not remember the name. Getting rid of the China gonna-blow-and-tear-up-your-trailer tires. Heartland did not have us at heart when they put this junk on our trailer.

What brand is on your rig?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCTalley

I'm curious to know what brand of tire is on your trailer?

I am too, since the trailer listed is a 2018 Cyclone. (The Heartland website lists "ST235/85R16-G" for the tires and a close look at the pictures posted for the unit shows that they are Sailuns).

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
My understanding is Heartland is using Sailun tires for G and H applications, which have had an excellent reputation so far, according to users on this and other RV forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigGuy82

My understanding is Heartland is using Sailun tires for G and H applications, which have had an excellent reputation so far, according to users on this and other RV forums.

To tag onto this, don't confuse Sailun's with Towmax (Blowmax) - both made in China - two different animals. I was in the same boat - new rig with Chinese junk tires,or so I thought, that I was going to swap out. Thanks to input from the folks on this forum, I stuck with the Sailuns and am glad I did. Excellent tires. 11K so far without a hitch. More importantly, a lot of good reviews from others on this forum.

pegmikef

I'm on my second set of G614s and have never had a problem. I had the first ones installed at the factory (saluins were not yet being put on BHs) and liked them so much I just replaced them in kind. That being said, have neither seen nor read of any problems with the Saluins and they are a little less expensive than the Goodyears.

Mrsfish

We put our g614s on in June of 2013. That means 4 full summers in Arizona and lots of miles everywhere. Because of arizona's low humidity often have to replace due to dry rot. We took the trailer to discount in January ready to buy a new set and the manager said we were still showing almost 90% tread all the way around, they looked really good and he wouldn't replace. Whenever we do need to replace, I know what we'll use.

Thunderbolt

What brand is on your rig?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heartland Cyclone 2018 4005 with Sailun tires. Don't trust them at all. Will change them as soon as I can afford to. Hate, loath, dislike, distrust, these tires. Put air in them when the trailer was delivered and four of six have lost over 12 psi in 14 days. Will watch them closely until I can replace them. I might be wrong but my instinct is to not trust them. Anyone else running these tires other than those who have responded?

jnbhobe

I think your way off on your view of Sailun Tires. I have not heard of one problem. I have had 215/75/17.5 S-637's on for two years and 20K miles and they still look like new.

danemayer

Heartland Cyclone 2018 4005 with Sailun tires. Don't trust them at all. Will change them as soon as I can afford to. Hate, loath, dislike, distrust, these tires. Put air in them when the trailer was delivered and four of six have lost over 12 psi in 14 days. Will watch them closely until I can replace them. I might be wrong but my instinct is to not trust them. Anyone else running these tires other than those who have responded?

Sailun tires have an excellent reputation. It's more likely you have a problem with the valve stems, or even a problem with the wheels. If you can't find the problem, maybe remove one wheel and take it to a tire store to find out why it's losing air.

MCTalley

I think you'll find on the forum that we've only had, I believe, one report of a Sailun tire failure. Heartland has been putting them on the heavier fifth wheels since, generally, the 2015 model year (2014 builds, essentially). Not sure why you would be losing that much pressure in that short a time. We maintain our Sailuns at 110 psi (cold) and I probably have to put a few pounds in them maybe every three months or so (i.e. when they get down to 104-105 cold psi).

It's your money so you can replace them if you want. A good set of seven Goodyear G614's will run you around $2,500 mounted and balanced. If you go that route, might offer the takeoffs for sale on the forum as I'm sure someone would be interested in them.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Actually, there are some older Heartlands that had Sailuns back before 2010, before Heartland started using TowMax.

avvidclif

In just over 2 years I have added air twice to mine. I keep them at 100 lbs. Sounds like someone didn't tighten the valve cores.