Goodyear G614 $340

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
If anybody is shopping for tires I saw today while at Camping World in Katy, Tx that they had the G614 advertised for $339.95. Thought that was a pretty good deal on those tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

57chevyconvt

I buy all of my tires at Discount Tire Co. They will match anyone's prices. I do an online search for selected tire and price including shipping to my location, print this out and take it to Discount Tire and they will match the Internet quoted price. By doing this, I was able to get 5 tires for the price that Discount Tire had originally quoted for 4 tires.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
If anybody is shopping for tires I saw today while at Camping World in Katy, Tx that they had the G614 advertised for $339.95. Thought that was a pretty good deal on those tires.

Matt,
That's a good price. $340 is about the best price I have ever been quoted for G614's.

I procrastinated and got stuck in the boonies last year when my Sailun's (China bombs), started showing serious wear.
I ended up paying $400 each. They had a captive audience. Trace

Last edited:

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Jnb,
That's a pretty good company to deal with. I bought my 17.5's from them.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've always gotten a fair price from our local tire dealer http://www.schierltire.com/
A recent quote for G614's was $330 plus the normal balance, valve stem and disposal fee.
Our Schierl dealer is also part of the Gemini group of Goodyear Dealers.

jnbhobe

Unless I am mistaken, my shipping cost adds about another $50 per tire. That's a total cost of around $380 per tire from this supplier. Trace
I was speaking of price matching, Jim said Discount Tire would match pricing.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was speaking of price matching, Jim said Discount Tire would match pricing.

Most retailers I have asked about it will match the shipped cost, not the cost for product only.

At $380, that makes it more than the OP's price.

I have also had very good luck with Costco and Sam's Club for tires. Trace

TXTiger

My Ford dealer will match any price. I shopped the Internet got the best price then went to Discount Tire then went to my Ford dealer with the Discount price and they matched it. Went with the Ford dealer because the road hazard warranty is good at any Ford dealer and Discount is not in every state so their road hazard warranty is more limited.

taken

If these tires can be had for under $400 each, why is it a $2300 factory uprade?

LOL, right? Why is factory NAV $600-2000 depending on brand but a much better Garmin is $250? Why are OWL tires 100-200 more from the truck factory when they are $5-10 more each on tire rack? Because they can...

TXTiger

Because if you have a 3 axel Cyclone you need 6 tires at $400 = $2,400. But then again you should be getting credit for the Tow Max tires you didn't get, not to mention that Heartland must get a volume discount I would think and not be paying the full $400 price. Just thinking out loud.

If these tires can be had for under $400 each, why is it a $2300 factory uprade?

GlenStMary

Not because they can...because many people pay it! The last time I bought a truck I asked the dealer to list the price of every option that was on that truck. He did, and when he gave that list to me I told him I would buy the truck for our agreed upon price less the cost of the extras I thought he had over priced. I had him pull off the wheels, tires, and other non-essentials and when the Big Chief tire truck showed up to mount the new wheels and rims I had just bought from them my truck was in the dealers back lot sitting on blocks. I ended up saving over $1500 when all was done.

pegmikef

Remember, the upgrade is an option with its own MSRP that can be negotiated with the dealer especially if you are ordering from the factory. My dealer charged me just a little over half for that option on my BH last May. He may have made it up on something else, but my final cost was just over 30 percent less than the total of the trailer and options advertised MSRPs. BTW with the factory option the spare is also a G614.

Westwind

I just put 5 on my Bighorn $312 each, but additional costs of mounting, balancing, and sales tax increased the price. Try a Commercial Goodyear tire dealer, you might get a better price.

donr827

I just put 5 on my Bighorn $312 each, but additional costs of mounting, balancing, and sales tax increased the price. Try a Commercial Goodyear tire dealer, you might get a better price.

When I purchased a set for my prior trailer I purchased them from a GY Wingfoot , commercial, dealer. Got a little better price and they called the warehouse and made sure the tires were recently made. Also a lot more room to maneuverer around.
Don

Westwind

I forgot that, the Goodyear Dealer called their warehouse for me an got recent manufacture dates for me also. Very happy with the service and price. Goodyear Commercial tire dealer check them out.