Gooseneck conversion

Hello all, has anyone added a goose neck adapter to the king pin? Will this void any warranty? Any difference pulling?

Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hi Fourfunstuff,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Lippert warrants the frame on these trailers and my understanding is that if you use a gooseneck, you'll have to have a Reese Goose Box to protect your warranty coverage.

There are also other solutions that use an unmodified 5th wheel pin box with a ball mount in the truck.

Jim.Allison

Hello all, has anyone added a goose neck adapter to the king pin? Will this void any warranty? Any difference pulling?

Thanks in advance.

Someone brought this up a few weeks ago, I was "ah-gen-it". But after studying it a little, I have warmed up to the Reese Goose Box which will not void the lippert frame warranty if correctly installed.

The major plus for me is that you can get rid of all that equipment in the bed of the truck. Now the new trucks come with the towing package, which includes both the rail kit and gooseneck hardware. I'm thinking that this has potential for me.

I use a Trailer Saver and get excellent performance from that hitch, But it would not take much to sell me a "Goose box" with the Air Ride.

http://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-a...pc5-IES8Uh1y9qT-iqn07jr1u3G-GdPHlIaAleR8P8HAQ