got bored and swapped my switch functions around.

marknewbill

Got bored and decided to improve the interior and exterior light switch locations. When I bought the camper, when you came in the front door, you had to stretch your arm out as far as possible to reach the light switch for the interior lights (or take steps in the dark)

But the exterior lights for the awning were closer to the door.

so I removed both sets of switches, and passed the wires behind the wall from hole to hole and made the first switch set for the interior lights, and the farther set for the exterior lighs.

That may not be what some people like, but it helped me to be able to find the light switch easier when I come in in the dark.

Thanks,
Mark

Oregon_Camper

100% agree...the location of some of the switches and the number of switches drove me crazy. Here is my solution to that...we created this video to show how we changed 4 light switches and locations.

Light Switches

marknewbill

wow. like minds i suppose. you had more switches than i do but i love the idea. what remote is that? is that a 12 volt device? i see those for 120vac often. 😊

marknewbill

I did think of a way to add your concept without even buying new switches, since the LED lights maybe use 2 amps for each switch, and one switch is good for 15 amp, it is also possible to decide what light should be primary. meaning which light would I always want on, even if it isn't a valuable light, like mood lights for example.

so set switch 1 to be mood light rope, and then it also will be master for the other several switches. in that way you can add to the mood lights with the other switches, but when you turn on and off the mood light, the rest will also go on and off.

not that I don't like your nice big switch, or the ability to move it somewhere else. that has merit all its own. just throwing in another idea if someone wanted to do the same thing with no new switches or new holes for them.

Thanks, mark

Oregon_Camper

wow. like minds i suppose. you had more switches than i do but i love the idea. what remote is that? is that a 12 volt device? i see those for 120vac often. 😊
That switch you saw me take off the wall, is in fact a simple 12v wireless switch. Funny thing is...it died last summer, so I replaced it with this switch from Amazon, which is much smaller & less obtrusive than the first wireless one in video. Both allow you to turn lights on 100% or use dimming function.