GOT the HELP - Thanks,,, Broke down on road

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Does your insurance cover some of this? I know we have some "trip interruption" coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You might check with Sun City RV on Grande Ave. just east of the west side 101 of Phoenix!

9045 NW Grand Ave - Peoria AZ 85345

623-385-0443

They had us in at 8 a.m. and driving out of the parking lot at 5:30 p.m. the same day!

Or at least they could probably get you out faster than two or three weeks!

By the by . . . they did repack all of our other bearings as well.

JanAndBill

Re: HELP - Broke down on road - need part numbers

Check the date on the tire, and if it still within 3 years, I'd wash it with dish detergent and go on. The age of the tire is far more important, then the little bit of grease exposure.

As someone else pointed out earlier on the bearings, I was also surprised when I pulled my hubs the first time to repack, at how LITTLE grease was actually there. Frankly they need to change their instructions on greasing the EZ lube hubs the first time. If the whole center of the hub is empty (as it was in my case), it will take a tube of grease, just to fill the void, BEFORE you ever get any to the outside bearing.

DougS

Doug S

Ouch, I feel your pain. We lost two wheels our first two years and several axles and we were not over weight after being weighed. I found our problems continued with new axles and running gear until I replaced the wheel hubs with Dexter hubs. Fingers crossed hope our problems are over. My axles looked just like your pictures. I would think your bearings went first and your grease came off from the overheating of wheel hub.

traveler44

I had the same problem on a 24' inclosed trailer. But it was user error for never maintaining my bearings. I hand pack as well and already have on my 4200 ( right after I picked it up). I'm glad I did because there wasn't adequate grease on any of the six spindles. I'm a freak about spare parts. I wonder if a set of outer and inner bearings makes sense for my spare parts bag? Course.... We could get carried away with. "What if" But two days away from my vacation waiting for parts would suck though.. If I remember correctly, they weren't terribly expensive.
I keep a set of bearings all packed and ready in a plastic bag and the seals and tools in a box in my compartment. I have never needed the spare on the road but I did find one damaged when I inspected it at repacking time. I have the numbers for the bearings and seal on hand this way.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

I keep a set of bearings all packed and ready in a plastic bag and the seals and tools in a box in my compartment. I have never needed the spare on the road but I did find one damaged when I inspected it at repacking time. I have the numbers for the bearings and seal on hand this way.

Me too, as well as all the tubing, fittings, flexible hose, flaring tool, and fluid to repair my brake lines just in case something happens. I would rather spend a few hours fixing it than wait a few just to find out "we got the wrong parts can I give you a lift to town?"

Although, I was informed in another thread that I must be from another planet.