Got weighed today. What do I need to do?

DaveC6

You might even need 1400lb bars. Technically your hitch and bars are not included in the tongue weight plus whatever is behind the rear axle of the truck (like the shell and cargo). The key is how much of the rise in the front end are you recovering with the bars set. If the front rises 1 inch without the bars, how much of that do you get back with the bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrannonB

Without bars the front rose about 1 1/8. With the bars it’s just under 1/4 rise from regular driving height. The rear is still about 1 1/4 or so low.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is s pic of a rig that just pulled into our park.
Truck level, trailer level, properly set up.
Your setup should look like that.

Peace
Dave.
2c5252af8dff258baaf5f8b7fe27351e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MountainDon

ok so the sway crash video scared the ##$%^^& out of me

I ran the numbers for my truck & trailer through the tow check app and it did not look good. I could get to my trailers GVWR with a 10% tongue weight but that was in the red.

My trailer has a 6900 GVWR, ( which I doubt we will reach as the dry weigh is around 4500 lbs ( north trail 21fbs )
My truck specs say towing of 7600 lbs, but tow check was MUCH more conservative.

Should I be worried?

DaveC6

Without bars the front rose about 1 1/8. With the bars it’s just under 1/4 rise from regular driving height. The rear is still about 1 1/4 or so low.

That’s not bad. Bigger bars will help you get a little more of the front rise back. The rear will always be lower than regular driving without the trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk