Gps ?

Bobby A

We have the NUVI 750. Works like a charm. One feature I really like is the ability to play back directions through the truck stereo.

I have the 750 also and love it, the only reason I got the new 885 is it has the new lane assist feature. I think thats a GREAT feature to have especially when your pulling close to 40 feet behind you. Once I get aquainted with the new 885 I will sell the 750 on e-bay.

cjbearden

Visitor
Please don't take offense, but after being so frustrated with erroneous directions from Garmin and listening to "recalculating", we switched to Tom Tom 920 last year. On sale through Amazon right now for a much better price than we paid at Office Depot.
http://www.amazon.com/TomTom-920-Portable-Vehicle-Navigator/dp/B000VLHN9E/ref=tag_tdp_ptcn_edpp_url

There is a new version now (940). For now, we will stick with the 920 and the new Pro Clip vent mount we recently found that works so much better than a dash mount on a Dodge.

We like the ability to update daily and instantly send in changes we find by connecting the unit to a computer each night. The 920 has voice capability. Unless Garmin has changed, their map updates were expensive and really didn't give us very current information.

What works for one person may not work for another. Also, the 920 allows switching from car to truck to walking to motorcycle.

Last edited: