Grand Canyon Trailer Village in February

SilverRhino

We will be going to Quartzite in January of 2016, then to McDowell Mountain to be close to the Barrett Jackson Auction. Our plan is to leave the Scottsdale area at the end of January and are thinking about going up to the Grand Canyon.

Has anyone been to the Canyon in early February? Is that just too early to try to visit the park?

Thanks for any advice you are able to share!

jdfishing

We had similar plans in 2013. We would spend some time in Quartzsite in Jan., then move to Parker, AZ for a few weeks before leaving for the Grand Canyon the first week of March. We had camping reservations in Williams for a week and looked forward to exploring the Grand Canyon. Well, I decided to cancel the trip after checking the weather on a daily basis. The nights were in the low 20's and daytime temps were in the high 30's to low 40's. We felt this was just too cold to enjoy the trip. I was also concerned about camping in the low 20's. I know people do it all the time, but I didn't want to bother with all the prep stuff. I suppose the weather changes from year to year, but I think you will find early Feb to be pretty cold most of the time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We stayed at the Grand Canyon Camper Village in Tusayan, AZ (the little town at the entrance to the South Rim park) back in January, 2015 on our way to the Heartland Owner's Club Rally near Quartzsite, AZ.

We were there the third week of January for two nights . . . it was cold at night, but not bad during the day!

And it snowed the morning we left for Quartzsite.

The day we toured the South Rim park it was in the low 50's, but a chilly wind was blowing.

It was sunny the first hour we were there, but then the clouds rolled in . . . but was still awesome!

Plus . . . small crowds . . . no waiting!

We drove through Trailer Village and kind of wish we had stayed there instead, but being in town was nice as we were just around the corner from several restaurants, gift shops, gas stations and even a movie theater (although I brought several BlueRays for our viewing pleasure).

And down in Phoenix and Quartzsite . . . low to mid 70's every day!

We are going down to Tucson next February for the Arizona HOC Rally!

I still haven't done anything with the photos yet . . . but here is one from the Grand Canyon South Rim:

TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

GOTTOYS

We just left the Grand Canyon last week. Plenty chilly even this time of the year. Stayed in Williams AZ at the Grand Canyon Railway RV park. Very nice place. Was about full every night. We rode the train to and from the canyon and had the bus tour and buffet lunch while there. Very nice experience!...Don