Gray tank 2 valve stuck closed, need help

Need help. I've got a stuck galley gray tank valve and it's stuck in the closed position. The handle has no resistance and water leaked out of the rear of the trailer. I have opened the bottom in several locations, but not wanting to remove entire bottom as the KOA frowns on vehicle maintenace. Where is the valve for the #2 gray tank? Other posts said on the BH's it was right in front of the tires. That isn;t the case here.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Travlr1954, what model floor plan do you have?
It sounds like the cable came loose from the valve or the valve broke.
The grey tanks, depending on what floor plan you have, are usually located in the front drop down, or close to it.
You will have do drop the belly material in that area to locate your gray tank.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi trvlr1954,

Location is going to vary by floorplan. On our Rushmore, the valve for gray #2 is located about 18" toward the doorside from where the sewer lines come together on the off-doorside. Front-to-rear, it's maybe 2 feet to the rear of the non-drop part of the frame.

Unfortunately, you have to cut the coroplast to get to it. Hopefully you can find it on the first cut. I'd suggest outlining a large square and cutting 3 sides. Leave the 4th side as a hinge. If the hinge is toward the front, the airstream while towing won't work to open the area that's been cut. When finished, clean the surface and tape it up. Home Depot sells flashing tape in the roofing materials section. It's 4 or 5 inches wide and adheres very well. Gorilla tape will also work, but I think the flashing tape is better.

Good luck.

ChopperBill

You might get lucky like I did on our prior 3055RL. The crimp came loose right at the T handle end. You can take the nut off the cable where the mounts to the trailer. Pull it through a little then hold the cable housing and pull the handle. You can fix it permanently by getting to the back side of the handle by taking off a few screws out of the bottom or if yours is newer the bulkhead panel to get to the back of the docking center and use a hose clamp to secure the housing again.
On edit: Just remembered you have to take the nut off the back side where the handle is mounted to the trailer and slide the nut back. That requires you to take off a few screws on the bottom to access it.