gray tank loose

Recently we went on a trip in our 2015 heartland toyhauler, when we were done with our trip we noticed that there was a leak from the gray water tank and apparently the drainage pluming had snapped off on the inside of the gray tank. Since it is still under earrebty we have a service call to handle the pluming, I had to cut into the underbelly of the rig to let the water out and drain off and have noticed that there are straps underneath both the gray and. Lack water tanks. The straps are way loose and I have noticed that I can push up and down both the gray and black water tanks like there is no mounting hardware to them. Is this normal? I also think this movement allowed the gray water tank to slide forward about 6 inches and break the piping off from the inside of the gray water tank. I ask because I want it fixed correctly or want to know how to fix this problem correctly as I don't want this to happen again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

danemayer

Hi Scottrich,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Heartland has used lightweight metal straps that fit loosely under the tanks, allowing room for tank expansion. On past tours of the Landmark/Bighorn/Big Country plant I've also seen some bracing either under or along the edges of the tanks.

More recently, Heartland has been using a heavier metal support structure. So it sounds like your unit was built with the former design.

However, it's not normal to have a lot of tank movement, so your dealer will need to examine it to see why that's happening.