Great day for Heartland sightings!

truknutt

Committed Member
Yesterday we took a ride up to Hamburg, PA to pick up parts I had ordered from the factory. It was good to see all the Heartlands on the lot.
There was a Sundance on a Black Dodge with PA tags pulling out of the lot as we were arriving.

Two weeks ago there were 4 Cyclones up there including the first 3210LE I rejected but, it and 2 others are gone so that means we should have 3 new Cyclone owners/Forum members in the area; COME OUT, COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!

Had 3 more sightings on the way home: a Sundance hooked up to a black F350 with PA tags in the Cabela's parking lot, another Sundance with a white Super Duty and a Bighorn with a gold Chevy/GMC both heading North on I-81.

There were unbelievable numbers of RVs heading north; so many that DW asked if she should drive so that my staring wouldn't be interrupted by my driving! Reality check. :eek:

It was as if Florida had declared that all the Snowbirds get out of their state, NOW! BTW, is anyone familiar with the "FQCC"? I saw over a dozen rigs with Quebec Provincial tags and this decal on the back of their rig. I was thinking that it is a Camping Club of some kind.

Hope to see on the road...

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Traveling east on I-40 out of Gallop, New Mexico, we saw Big Horn and a Landmark traveling west. Are you, two, on the forum. Where were you heading?

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Traveling east on I-40 out of Gallop, New Mexico, we saw Big Horn and a Landmark traveling west. Are you, two, on the forum. Where were you heading?

Tom of Ypsi

We are in St Augustine, Fl, Ocean Grove Resort on A1A with a Big Horn in here also. My neighbors in a motorhome are seriously thinking of buying a new Augusta. They have talked to RV's for Less and what was quoted for what they want it is hard to pass up. Gave the couple (Pete & Barb from Ontario, Canada) a business card with the forum address. Hopefully we will have a new forum member soon. This is the first time in a month that I have good internet and phone service,:) sure feels good to be in touch without being knocked off 90% of the time.

Tom of Ypsi

Cheryl, Sorry about being late in answering but we have been out doing the tourist thing. The campground is ok, $30 Passport America and we are in a pull thru. I feel this is what should be paid for full price not the PA discount, in other words too expensive. This is the cheapest around though, staff is pretty friendly and close to the touristy things but not in the traffic sites are level, sand/gravel mix and fairly big. The beach is not a close as they let on but you can walk to it through the neighborhood. Good sunset viewing.

Clark

TrukNutt, I have a 2008 BH3055RL just down the Lincoln Highway from you, near Abbottstown, Pa. You can probably look for us in the Thousand Trails and Outdoor World campgrounds around the region. Also, with our GS camping chapter in various campgrounds in the Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, Lancaster, and Winchester areas.
For Tom of Ypsi: We will be overnighting at the Indian Forest campground near St. Augustine on May 10th, on our way over to DisneyWorld.
Hope to see you all somewhere along the road.
Clark&Carolyn

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Trucknutt
FQCC
We saw them in Apache Junction at Countryside rv park. In English "Federated Quebec camping club"
Rand

truknutt

Committed Member
TrukNutt, I have a 2008 BH3055RL just down the Lincoln Highway from you, near Abbottstown, Pa. You can probably look for us in the Thousand Trails and Outdoor World campgrounds around the region. Also, with our GS camping chapter in various campgrounds in the Gettysburg, Harpers Ferry, Lancaster, and Winchester areas.
Clark&Carolyn

Ah, good old Abbottstown, home of the infamous Hofbrauhaus! Do you enjoy your GS Chapter? I used to cruise the Lincoln quite often as my surrogate family (former next door neighbor) got a job with Harley and moved to Red Lion. I say I used to before the price of - you know what - headed towards the ceiling! Maybe we'll run into one another sometime.

Enjoy the weekend!

Dave

truknutt

Committed Member
Trucknutt
FQCC
We saw them in Apache Junction at Countryside rv park. In English "Federated Quebec camping club"
Rand

Thanks Rand,

We figured it was something like that but we just couldn't come up with a word for the "F" other than French. French Quebec Camping Club or Coach Club just didn't sound right.

Dave

Cheryl

Tom,
It has pretty low scores on www.rvparkreviews.com. I wondered if they were right. We will be down there in end of July/beginning of Aug. I (Nelson doesn't care where we stay) decided to stay slightly south at Flagler Beach. Their campground is right on the ocean. If you get an oceanfront site, you can look out your back window and the ocean is right there.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Sundance spotted Exit 301 I-75 @ Wolverine MI

We spotted a Sundance at a restaurant near exit 301 of I-75 @ Wolverine Michigan. It was about 10 AM Monday May 12, 2008.

Anyone from the forum ? We would have stopped and say hello but Sharol had an appointment and we were running late. Good to see more Heartland products on the road.

Shadowchek

Yesterday I saw a Big Horn at a rest stop on Hwy 99 in central Ca. Just south of turlock. There doesen't seem to be a lot of them in Ca yet.