Grey Water tanks

Dylan

Not having much luck emptying grey tank number 1, which should be the kitchen sink. 2009 3670rl. The valve feels ok, and I don't see any leaks underneath. I took the p trap off, looks clean. I hear water running thru the pipes in the cabinets. Is grey number one, just for the kitchen sink? Or does it all go to the other grey first? Thoughts,....I don't want to run the water too much, before I get some ideas.

Dylan

Which valves for which tanks.

2009 3670rl. What tank is grey no 1 for and what tank is grey number 2 for.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Which valves for which tanks.

Gray #1 is the lavatory sink, shower, and washer drain. Gray #2 is only the kitchen sink. I also have a 2009 BH3670.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan

Re: Which valves for which tanks.

Any other 3670rl owners out there that can confirm which tanks are for what??

QUOTE=JohnDar;494193]Gray #1 is the lavatory sink, shower, and washer drain. Gray #2 is only the kitchen sink. I also have a 2009 BH3670.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

danemayer

If that's a Bighorn 3670RL, Gray #1 is probably the bathroom sink and shower, and washing machine. Gray #2 is usually the kitchen.

GOTTOYS

Put a short clear fitting in the sewer line at the hose connection. Then you can see if anything is draining when you open the valve.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After all these years, I THINK I know which tank is which. Gray #1 IS slow because it drains through a 1 1/2" pipe into the main sewer line. If you look under the trailer, you can see it coming out of the drop frame. Gray #2 and the black piping are larger and drain faster.

Dylan

Water stI'll not flowing from grey tanks, like they used to. I see some....stuff, but the flow is still very slow. Shower or sink have not backed up, but I'm wondering, has anyone, or can you put a snakey up thru the pipe outside?? Not sure where it would end up going?

mlpeloquin

After all these years, I THINK I know which tank is which. Gray #1 IS slow because it drains through a 1 1/2" pipe into the main sewer line. If you look under the trailer, you can see it coming out of the drop frame. Gray #2 and the black piping are larger and drain faster.

My Big Horn has 1 1/2" pipes for both gray tank valves. The large pipe and valve is for the black tank. Both gray tanks empty with a strong flow. I use tank treatment even in the gray tanks. Stuff can form on the wall and inside the pipes over time. The stuff as it forms becomes hard like concrete. It can block the flow. I managed to clean out the tanks on or old class C from this stuff. There is a company that specializes in cleaning out this stuff. They have cameras and a strong high pressure blasting unit that gets the tanks and pipes clean as new. I hope this is not your problem. Take a look at the tank roof vent to make sure hornets or something else has not made a nest and blocked the tank vent.