grill grommets

h2ok9

we have 2011 rushmore and had the same problem. Even when new, cooking with multiple pots or one big pan of water would squash the grommets and often would fall through as well as get torn if replacing grate after cleaning. I found new ones at local rv shop and then per instructions on thread in the forum somewhere, used tap and die and threaded the grate ends and bought appropriate sized nuts and threaded them on. I also found some galvanized washers with built on rubber washer and loose fitted them over grommets and under the nuts threaded on the four grate "legs". This obviously leaves the grate much higher than original but has not caused a problem. My original grommets only made it about 3 months. Have not tore or lost any since modification and it is almost 9 months now.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I haven't seen them in person yet, but Camco has came up with an aluminum stove grommet. Saw the sales literature when our Camco salesman was in a few weeks ago. They look like the rubber ones, except aluminum. New product for them, and I think I'll give them a try.
Any RV parts store that services appliances should have the rubber ones. We have a big box of them at the store, and I've never found them too hard to find.

Gary521

I had mine fail too. The problem with the failure was that I was tipping the grill and pivoting on the rear grommets. Since I stopped that process, I have not had a failure. Remove the grill completely to clean.