Ground Control 3.0 4pt level up question. Help Please!

Tundra2084

We have been looking at the 4pt leveling system being offered at the Rally, but need some information about it. We own a 2012 Sundance 3200RE that has the standard stabilizers. Now the question that has us stumped is, can we install the 4 point system on our unit, and where on the unit would the legs be installed? Would the already installed front landing gear be removed and replaced with the level up jacks? Could we leave the rear stabilizers as the are to enhance the stability of the unit once leveled with the ground control? This is a costly upgrade for us but getting up and down gets old like our backs are and we don't want to make a costly mistake.
If anyone has any pictures of their 4pt system it would help to see where the units are installed on your units.
Thank you for your help and advice.

Tundra2084

Sorry..forgot to ask...has anyone installed one of the 4 point systems on their units? If so is it hard to do, if you have some knowledge of power tools and aren't afraid to get dirty?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We purchased a Ground Control (aka Rieco Titan) 4pt system 2 years ago in Goshen. My husband installed it himself in about a day, using a good quality drill and typical wrenches and such. The wiring is plug and play. It is not an auto-leveling system, so if what you are looking at has that feature, I would assume there is much more to the system and probably requires some professional install or at least some additional parts.

The two front jacks do replace your existing. The back jacks have to be within a certain distance of the rear wheels. You can keep your rear stabilizers, but the are not part of the ground control system. We put our OEM rear stabilizers down last, after we are level, to add some stability to the back end of the coach.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tundra2084

Thank you for the information. Next question is...does the Ground Control 3.0 4 point Help to eliminate the movement of the coach? We presently use valtera's and have the JT stabilizers as well as a king pin to help with the movement in the fiver. Will installing the ground control help so we would be able to not have to use the valtera's?
Thanks again
Dawn

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Before we got our current unit, we had the ground control leveling system installed on 2 other coaches. Loved'um, especially when I'm in the shower and the water isn't draining out properly. Hubby just used the remote to level the coach up from inside. Cool. Suggestion - keep the rear electric jacks. It helps stabilizes the rear from bouncing as much. We didn't know that when the dealer installed the 1st set on but when we had the 2nd set installed, I had the dealer not removed these rear jacks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Installing the electric 4-jack system is not difficult. I installed the original Reico-Titan system myself a few years ago, and it still works great. Lippert bought the patent from Reico-Titan and now sells it. As mentioned, the rear stabilizers will not be affected by the system and should remain on the rig and used. The only thing that may be a problem is the way some front "garages" are laid out, relative to getting at the front jacks. Some had one jack blocked by an interior wall, making install very difficult. Take a look in your front compartment and see if the mountings for both jacks are accessible from within it. If they are, you're golden.

You will want to have heavy duty jack stands or 4x4 cribbing blocks (I used the blocks) to support the front end when you get to replacing the front jacks. Trying to work in the compartment with the rig still on the hitch is not possible unless you're extremely small. You should be able to reconnect your JT Stabilizers to the new front jacks. I was able to use my Ultra-Fab stabilizers with them.

Tundra2084

So can we assume that the 4pt system will help in reducing the movement in the unit so we won't have to continue using the valtaras? We are looking at the ground control 3.0 hoping it will reduce the movement in the trailer when we or the dogs move around.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
With the ground control, you can raise the coach off the ground if need be which reduces the bouncing (remember that part of the bouncing comes from the coach having most of the weight on the tires). We have had our coach totally off the ground which took 95% of the bounce out. We were hoping to due the same with the LevelUp system but have been disappointed. There is much more movement with LevelUp than the ground control system.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We still use our SteadyFast stabilizer system with our Ground Control. We are 37 feet long, on an 8" frame, so maybe length has something to do with it? Not sure. I can tell a difference depending on the site surface, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk