Ground Control Leveling system

Gary521

I am interested in this system. I have seen internet videos showing installation and operation. Now, I have seen a Lippert video showing a "Generation lll" system, which is an auto leveling system for the Ground Control - I think. Is the Generation lll auto system an upgrade, a entirely different system or what? The Ground Control videos that I originally saw, show it to be operated by remote controls. The Generation lll shows operation by touchpad located inside a compartment. Anybody know anyhting about the Generation lll system? Is it a lot more expensive?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gary, I don't know for sure, but the auto- leveling Ground Control may be an OEM install only, on certain SOBs. I have not seen it advertised as an after-market system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have the original Ground Control system, as I do, it does not appear the Gen III is an upgrade for it. It looks like a completely new system with different motors, new motion sensors and only the LCI Control panel to operate it. The only thing I like about what I saw in the video is the addition of the extra 5/16" hex drive port on the bottom of the motor to manually operate it. A bit more convenient that getting at the 3/8" hex on the top of the original motors. Beyond that, the original system works just fine, even if it's not "automatic."

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I like Bigfoot. They have in the business for years over all others. Might be a bit more expensive but you get what you pay for.

FWIW
BC

Gary521

Thanks for the replies. I agree, it appears that the Generation lll is not an aftermarket system. I would rather run the system with a remote anyway. When I was looking, I saw that both the Bigfoot and the Ground Control with a Fastway Flip on it. It appears that the Fastway Flip might provide a little more ground clearance. Ant thoughts here?

JohnDar

I suppose you could attach the Flip Jack to the Ground Control jacks, but unless you're parked in a really uneven site, I don't think they'll be that useful. Especially in the front since there isn't a whole lot of distance between the bottom of the rig and the ground. The rear jacks are mounted so that the pad is about 6" off the ground when retracted. I place wood pads under my jacks and rear stabilizers, but both front and rear will reach the ground.

View attachment 24126View attachment 24127View attachment 24128

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We were one of the test models for the one touch leveling for Ground Control Wireless Leveling System by Reico-Titan. Lippert had bought the system from Reico-Titan and were working on the touch pad for the electric system. Ours is similar but not exactly like the video system which looks like Lippert have made some improvements since our was put on 2 years ago. Looks pretty good now.

TravelTiger

We purchased the Ground Control System from Mobile Outfitters at the Rally in Goshen, and DH installed it at the fairgrounds (it was actually still labeled as Rieco-Titan.) We have moved 3 times so far on our return home, since install, and we really like it! We have a few more install tweaks to put the control panel exactly where we want and install the additional switch, but the jacks work really great, and with the ability to take weight off the suspension, we get a more stable set-up! It's so great, that I am doing the unhitch and level practically by myself while DH sets up the water, sewer and electric. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimpav

Just curious if anyone with the Ground Control leveling system removes their red paddles ( the ones behind the rear wheels) when they are traveling? With about 6" of ground clearance, I'm concerned they might hit something on the road agrees the tires. I remove mine and put cut out tennis balls in place of them. I would assume that's why they have the quick release pins to attach them.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
No - we leave ours on all the time without any problems. Since the pads are behind the wheels, we haven't had it drag on anything.

Update on our post here #10. After Lippert bought the Reico-Titan system and tested it for the one-touch system, they have decided not to offer it at this time for the Wireless Ground Control Leveling system. While at the NAHL Rally in June, we had to take our coach in to Lippert for adjusting the system and was told they have decided not to offer the 1-touch at this time. We have a unique system being one of only a few out on the road.

TravelTiger

Just curious if anyone with the Ground Control leveling system removes their red paddles ( the ones behind the rear wheels) when they are traveling? With about 6" of ground clearance, I'm concerned they might hit something on the road agrees the tires. I remove mine and put cut out tennis balls in place of them. I would assume that's why they have the quick release pins to attach them.

We installed ours while in Goshen, this June, and traveled probably an additional 2000 miles since then. No problems dragging, not even when we backed our rig into our sloped driveway. I think that the instructions of installing the rear legs positioned less than 18" from the rear tires helps ensure that they most likely won't drag. They have a disclaimer that if the legs are installed back further than that, the manufacturer is not responsible for damage due to impacts.

Erika

jimpav

Interesting comments. I just thought they would be flapping around as you go down the road. I wonder why the oem has them fastened with the quick release pins?'??''

JohnDar

Interesting comments. I just thought they would be flapping around as you go down the road. I wonder why the oem has them fastened with the quick release pins?'??''

They are pretty tight and really don't flap around, but will adjust slightly to uneven ground. I would imagine the use of the pins was intentional to prevent them from being overtightened with nuts and bolts, thus preventing them from moving at all. They are shipped with the pads unattached to the legs.

Gary521

When I installed mine, I gave it 8" of clearance instead of 6". I make up the difference with leveling blocks under the read pads. Seems to work just fine. I wanted the extra ground clearance. ( just me ).