Gun Fire at the Park

rxbristol

We're currently staying at a mobile home park, in our RV, and a neighbor called us in the morning asking if we had heard the gun fire last night. What the neighbor heard was the popping of our Lippert leveling jacks. It was 92 degrees yesterday and a cold front dropped it down into the 30's with a 30 mph north wind. Even though I've used the CAT oil and have large leveling blocks to reduce movement, large temperature swings will still cause the stiction action, plus it doesn't help that we've been stationary for a few months. My wife and I had a good laugh.

yport

Mine hardly ever pop .... but they did start popping last week in the night. I simply went outside, hit the auto level button again ... they did a quick update releveling and VOILA ... popping was gone and hasn't returned.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We're currently staying at a mobile home park, in our RV, and a neighbor called us in the morning asking if we had heard the gun fire last night. What the neighbor heard was the popping of our Lippert leveling jacks. It was 92 degrees yesterday and a cold front dropped it down into the 30's with a 30 mph north wind. Even though I've used the CAT oil and have large leveling blocks to reduce movement, large temperature swings will still cause the stiction action, plus it doesn't help that we've been stationary for a few months. My wife and I had a good laugh.

OH my! I don't think ours is as loud.

But at the Sweetheart Rally we did hear gunfire nearby. This is in rural central Texas, I didn't think much about it. :cool:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our level up pops, more like a creak, occasionally. I notice it during the night with wide temperature swings, 80s down to the 40s for example.
Don't know what it sounds like if outside.
I've heard shooting here while in TX. You're liable to hear some back in PA too depending where near

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Snap Pads act like a silencer!

aac-5-56mm-556-sd-rifle-silencer-aac-556-sd-by-advanced-armament-corp-a20.jpg

rxbristol

Snap Pads act like a silencer!

I've heard that, but I've also read they did not make any difference. I have a set that I won at a rally...I guess I need to get off my duff and install them to give it a try...nothing to lose.

RVFun4Us

The Snap Pads did not help with the popping on our rig. Just added one quart of the CAT fluid a few weeks ago. We notice the popping mostly at night, probably the temperature swing. Hopefully the CAT fluid will help. BTW, for those going to Canyonville for the regional rally in September, there is a gun range close enough to constantly hear gunfire during the day. I would imagine that September will be especially active with hunting season starting that month.

yport

I've heard that, but I've also read they did not make any difference. I have a set that I won at a rally...I guess I need to get off my duff and install them to give it a try...nothing to lose.

Don't think they make a difference. Have snap pads and they popped a few times the other night until I hit the Auto Level again and they disappeared.