GW 3650BH Pin box number?

Have been trying to get the factory pin box number for the GW 3650BH. Does anyone know it...I have asked my salesman and called the factory Rep (he didn't know what I was talking about). Picking up my hitch soon and I have to obtain this "majical number". Thanks for the help

danemayer

Hi Dustin_Sarah,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure someone knows the answer and will chime in shortly.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm not sure what you are asking for. The frame # should be a 1621HD. The pinbox probably has a part # but it is a standard pinbox used on all the HL 5ers. Why do you need the pinbox part number?? What are you trying to do?? All pinboxes have the same size "pin" no matter whose's 5er you buy. All the 5er hitches have the same size hole, as it were, to match the "pin". If you are changing the pinbox to something else....all you need to know is what the GVWR is on the 5er and make sure you get a hitch rated for that weight also.

Ahhh yes I guess I should have said why I need the pin box number. I am purchasing a pullrite superglide 18K because I have a ram megacab 3500 DRW. The parts person at CW told me that I need to order a capture plate with the hitch and I have to obtain the pin box number to make sure I get the right one.

OhShoot

Also word of advise , if you are buying a rv you automatically should get the goodsam membership free , if not and you are jest buying the hitch become a goodsam member quick , with your membership you can have the brackets to your truck installed and pigtail for 39.95 each on labor , then go to dyers rv website look up the brackets you need and the hitch prices and Quickconnect price , campingworld will match any advertised price on your parts and hitch and you also get a 10 percent discount because you are a goodsam member , I saved a lot of money by doing this . Jest a small word of advise hope this helps .and good luck http://www.dyersonline.com/pullrite-industry-standard-18k-superglide-5th-wheel-hitch.html

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dustin, its a Lippert frame, so I think its a Lippert pinbox. Call Lippert and ask. Its funny that a parts guy does not know what pinbox it is. 80% of all 5ers made by any company have a Lippert frame under them.

BTW, If you are going to change out the pinbox for a better ride (no chucking). You might want to do it now before you buy the capture plate. I like the Mor/Ryde pinbox....cheap and does the job.

Tallyrver

i called Heartland last week about the same thing for my 3650bh,they said its a Lippert 1621 long style.I'm looking at getting the MorRyde pin box.

Wayne

Finally got everything worked out. Had a bad experience with the install. I was told by three people to include a "master technician" that everything was safe and secured. So I climbed under the truck and found a u-bolt that had both shafts 1.5 threads short from protruding through the nut. After further inspection found three loose nuts and two spacers not being used. This is when they told me I might want to have someone else go over the installation and fix everything...I was floored that they said it but without hesitation I went some where else. Now I have the piece of mind my hitch is ready. By the way I pick up my 5er 16 Jun!