Half ton towing???

caissiel

Well said rick
I have seen most sundance models towed with small trucks in nb. I would never do it myself after seeing broken axles on these trucks. All 5th wheels now are to heavy and need floating axle rear ends. I use to tow a 24ft 5th wheel and a 1500 gm was no better than the1/4 ton Ranger.

Last edited:

mesteve

I currently pull with an F-150 w. the MaxTow package. When we bought, camping was new to us, so I didn't want to go off the deep end first go around. This combination was the only bunkhouse we could find nearby and 1/4 ton truck to pull it.

We are kicking around the idea of an upgrade to both the TV and trailer, the next one will be a DRW (hoping to convince the CFO to get a BIG toyhauler).

sjs731

Re: 1/2 ton Trucks

The reply of if you are overloaded, you are overloaded is spot on. A friend of mine got rear ended by a truck loaded with firewood, towing a trailer with firewood and the first thing the police did was weigh the truck and the legal issues that ensued from being overloaded is something I don't ever want to be a part of. Whatever the GVWR on the door of your truck says it what it is. If you get stopped the law will go by that no matter what air bags or springs etc. you add to your TV.

PeternLiane

Re: 1/2 ton Trucks

The GVWR on your Truck door is what your truck can weigh max. Most do not stickers do not state the GCVWR. They would have to go by the GCVWR to issue a ticket. Every TV out there would be illegal if they just went by the GVWR on the truck door.