halloween weekend - quarryville, pa

debh

got my reservations for 5 days at jellystone rv park in quarryville, pa for the weekend of the 15-19th of oct.

we went there last year for halloween weekend and my 2 grandsons had a blast! going back again this year.

dieselsweetheart

You should be coming to our camp-out in Pine Grove PA the w/e before that!!! Have you ever heard of Starlite? That's near Clay, Ephrata area....off of 322 up in the mountain. That's where we will be for their Halloween w/e the 15-17th. Since you are in NJ debh you need to join their chapter and make plans for the NJ rally in May!!

debh

i think starlite is where my friend said her daughter goes with a friend of her that has a seasonal site.

id like to make one of the rallys sometime but............ we have very limited vacation time and weekends are taken up usually by work. would need to find a rally around week of the 4th july. steves plant closes that week so we dont have any choice but to use 1 vaca week on that week. they also (sometimes) close christmas week, which eats another week. that only leaves him with 1 week where WE decide when to take it!! crappy schedule, huh?

already have my weekend paid for so will check out starlite for next year maybe............ the halloween outing has traditionally been our last w/e out. did that with our kids (now 29, 29 and 30) when they were small and now passing the tradition on to our grandkids.

:)

dieselsweetheart

Yeah there are a lot of seasonals in Starlite. Family owned...nice view. My husband grew up going to Starlite...he comes from a family of campers...last Halloween up there it rained the entire w/e and we were miserable. Hoping this time the weather is better. We've been going there for Halloween for about 4 years now..used to go in Sept instead. We have no kids to take anymore but my sister-in-law has 3 grandkids. This might be our last year there...I think I'd like to venture out and try someplace new instead.

Bummer that you only get a limited amount of time to take trips because camping is so much fun!!! I don't think any of us locally will have a rally over the 4th but we may just have a camp-out around then...so stay tuned to the portal page (events) and you may find something that suits!!

Enjoy!!

debh

that sounds good. yeah, our time is very limited. we basically get out 2x/year for big trips and thats it. usually dont/cant do just a weekend. where does the summer go so fast??? omg! and its almost time to pull the boat out of the water for the year too!

will keep a watch on events and see whats going on.