Has anyone ever been successful in trading out their lemon for a new unit?

2012 Landmark Rushmore purchased 11/11 and nothing but issues from day 1, literally. It is in service again for the 8th time, mostly all for major issues including 8 separate water leaks, refrigerator inop 2x, water heater inop, LPG failed 2x, kitchen floor bubbling up and tearing, uneven floor and the list goes on and on. Each time it’s brought in, there is a list of 6-12 separate problems.

This is my 4th RV but 1st brand new one, and I must say I’m not impressed with the quality. I understand there will be bumps in the road with a new unit, but seriously, this is ridiculous. Never had issues like this with my older and used RV’s.

My dealer has been awesome and Heartland has always been on top of every service. But when my own dealer says it is a manufacture defect and my “manufacture” says they will continue to service the unit, but not do anything else, when is enough really enough?

If this is the norm for most Landmarks, then I guess I’ll continue to have it serviced on average every 1.5 months. Expecting to ruin every other trip I take and spend at least 45+ days per year in service.

Due to potential mold issues, my wife will not go camping anymore in this RV, or bring our two sons. So either something gets done, or it’s just me and my dogs breaking down alone.

I’m becoming more and more educated on RV lemon laws, and especially the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. My question to all, has anyone ever had their unit replaced or switched due to continued defects and repairs?

It truly is a beautiful RV, and I want to remain a Happy Heartland Camper, but it’s not looking good. Any similar experiences or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. Thank you all letting me vent out my frustrations,

Owenfamily

I do know someone that has issues with a new heartland unit. The dealer was nice enough to trade it out for another one. It really depends on the dealer and how they can deal with heartland on this issue. I wish you good luck.

David

danemayer

Markie5150,

I suggest you call Heartland tomorrow morning to discuss with them directly how to completely resolve your concerns and restore your confidence.

877-262-8032.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

n2snow2

2012 Landmark Rushmore purchased 11/11 and nothing but issues from day 1, literally. It is in service again for the 8th time, mostly all for major issues including 8 separate water leaks, refrigerator inop 2x, water heater inop, LPG failed 2x, kitchen floor bubbling up and tearing, uneven floor and the list goes on and on. Each time it’s brought in, there is a list of 6-12 separate problems.

This is my 4th RV but 1st brand new one, and I must say I’m not impressed with the quality. I understand there will be bumps in the road with a new unit, but seriously, this is ridiculous. Never had issues like this with my older and used RV’s.

My dealer has been awesome and Heartland has always been on top of every service. But when my own dealer says it is a manufacture defect and my “manufacture” says they will continue to service the unit, but not do anything else, when is enough really enough?

If this is the norm for most Landmarks, then I guess I’ll continue to have it serviced on average every 1.5 months. Expecting to ruin every other trip I take and spend at least 45+ days per year in service.

Due to potential mold issues, my wife will not go camping anymore in this RV, or bring our two sons. So either something gets done, or it’s just me and my dogs breaking down alone.

I’m becoming more and more educated on RV lemon laws, and especially the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. My question to all, has anyone ever had their unit replaced or switched due to continued defects and repairs?

It truly is a beautiful RV, and I want to remain a Happy Heartland Camper, but it’s not looking good. Any similar experiences or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. Thank you all letting me vent out my frustrations,
Good luck I hope it works out for you my fifth wheel has been in the shop more than I've had it they have had 6 of the 10 months I've owned it its in Elkhart getting frame fixed and a list of other things I contacted heartland about extending my warranty for another 6 months and they said no as far as trade for another you will lose they win they got the money and in my case they get the camper for as long as they want don't get me wrong I like the bighorn but no quality control or just not enough this rush them out the door fix em later will bite them in the end

gvtahoe88

Good luck I hope it works out for you my fifth wheel has been in the shop more than I've had it they have had 6 of the 10 months I've owned it its in Elkhart getting frame fixed and a list of other things I contacted heartland about extending my warranty for another 6 months and they said no as far as trade for another you will lose they win they got the money and in my case they get the camper for as long as they want don't get me wrong I like the bighorn but no quality control or just not enough this rush them out the door fix em later will bite them in the end

Lets hope this dog has sharp teeth. Between the bad workmanship and the junk tires this has been a nightmare year. We love the floor plan of our 3585 BigHorn 2012 but it has been in the shop longer than in our hands. Good luck to all .

BarneyFife

I feel your pain. Our Cyclone has been the worst camping experience we've ever had. Just got a call today saying its ready to be picked up from the dealer again. This is its fifth time for repairs since we bought it last year. This time its been gone since November 7.

One bright note. We bought an extended warranty. This bill is only a little over $200. Knowing all the stuff they replaced this time, it would have easily been close to $2000.

Trading it in is almost not a chance for us. Its a catch-22 situation. If we trade it in for something else, we will lose way too much on the deal. We had to finance and if the dealer was extra good to us, we "might" break even on what we owe. We'd lose our down payment money and all. I'd rather stick it out and either 1. let it ride it out until the money owed is far better than the value. 2. Wait and see if we have any hurricanes come along next year and blow it across the field.

We just don't have enough money to put down on another camper so for now, we just keep our fingers crossed each trip that nothing fails.

FordMan1966

We had lots of issues out of our 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon for the first 5 months of ownership. Knock on Wood everything is good now. We had issues with the wiring coming into the slide out where the ref rig. is. The wire had to be moved to keep from blowing fuses on the ref rig. I had to tell the dealer how to fix it. The remote control that operates everything did not work until it was finally replaced. When the RV came in there were numerous water leaks and they were fixed during the PDI. I don't know the list went on and on. All is well now. I never have had this much problems with 2 other good RV companies with the other 5 new RVs. I think the Customer Service Department is good and should be able to help you. Give it a shot and call them.