Has anyone mounted a SwivelWheel deck on the back of their trailer for a motorcycle?

MurrayN.

Hey everyone. Has anyone tryed this and what does it tow like? Does the trailer sway on the road or does it stay neutral. On my previous 5vr I hung a heavy Onan rv genset on the back end and did that ever change the way that the trailer handled on the road. Scared the crap out of myself the first time I did a quick lane change. This system had a swiveling castor wheel that keeps at least 50% of the weight off of the trailer. I am thinking of building my own with a big enough deck to put both bicycles and my Victory CC Tour on it. My wife and I plan to go to a trailer with a large back window next, so this would work fine on the next trailer too . We just can't excited about any toy hauler out there. Too big, no storage, no proper table to eat at, no recliners and overpriced.

Manzan

I have seen them and the owners said they towed just fine and no problem backing with the swivel wheel.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We just can't excited about any toy hauler out there. Too big, no storage, no proper table to eat at, no recliners and overpriced.
As far as toy haulers go, The Cyclone 4100 has lots of storage when you choose to use the slightly smaller fridge option. The table in back is good and easily seats 7 or use the patio feature and place your proper table out there. There are also options to have a sofa and dinette or sofa and table with chairs. The long sofa also has two recliners built in.

navyAZ1

I have a friend who has that system on the back of a SOB 5er and he swears by it, says it's great for hauling his Harley. His was mounted using 3 receiver hitch tubes. The only concern I had and he had not experienced it is what if you went thru a deep gutter and up a sharp incline would that not put a lot of stress on the frame of your coach? My friend said he just always tried to avoid situations like that. Hope it works okay for you.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
A friend of mine also has a Swivel Wheel behind his sob.
These platforms are made with some range of up and down movement to allow for uneven surfaces and dips.
They are only restricted from side to side sway.

Trace

Last edited: