Has anyone noticed unprotected electric brake wires?

SailorDon

I bought a brand new 2014 Heartland Wilderness 2175 RB in July last year.
I've noticed electric brake wires that are not securely fastened. Flapping around in the breeze.

Is this typical Heartland quality?

I have 1,600 over-the-road miles but they have been fair weather miles.
If I were to tow in snow or slush, and blocks of ice froze on the loose wires, the weight of ice might break the connection and/or the brake wires.

Maybe I'm worried about nothing since I don't do travel trailer camping in the snow. But it doesn't look safe to me.
Shouldn't the wire be in protective conduit on the axle and flexible wire protection on the wires from the frame to the axles?

evolvingpowercat

My 2011 Edge was the same way but the point where the wires left the harness made them able to rub on the chassis so I sleeved them with spiral tubing.

SailorDon

My 2011 Edge was the same way but the point where the wires left the harness made them able to rub on the chassis so I sleeved them with spiral tubing.

I think before I start my next road trip with my travel trailer, I will do the spiral tubing sleeve to protect those wires.

Running over a snake in the road could disable your trailer brakes with electric brake wires hanging out flopping around in the wind.