Have the State Troopers weighed your rig?

Sajo

Thanks Jon and Patti
We are also looking at the F-350 and have located a King Ranch 4X4 that really looks good. How is the 6.4L on fuel mileage? I want to be sure this will carry everything. GVWR 12,200. I don't have any other info at this time but waiting on call.

donr827

Thanks Jon and Patti
We are also looking at the F-350 and have located a King Ranch 4X4 that really looks good. How is the 6.4L on fuel mileage? I want to be sure this will carry everything. GVWR 12,200. I don't have any other info at this time but waiting on call.

The one problem with the 6.4 is the fuel mileage. I get between 9-10 mpg while towing. Other then that it has had no mechanical probelms.
Don

Sajo

Thanks to all for the replies. That fuel mileage is something to consider. Love my cummings.....but the ford is a sharp ride!!

jnbhobe

Sajo, the 6.4 wasn't a bad motor, some early turbo problems and bad mileage but overall good. The 6.7 with the 6 speed has been a real powerhouse.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks Jon and Patti

I traded my 2010 F350 dually FX4 with the 6.4L because of the poor mileage. I was getting 7.5 mpg average towing and 12 not towing (on a good day). With the 2012 F350 dually FX4 with the 6.7L I have been getting 10.5 towing and 16 not towing and the truck only has 3500 miles on it (not even broken in yet). My advise is get the 6.7 for the better mileage. Also both trucks are similarly equipped but the 2012 feels like it is built to tow and the 2010 felt like it was straining (even though it was not) at times. IMHO the 2012 is far and able the better truck.