Having A Hard Time Reaching Your Hitch Locking Pin?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Of course, if you want a 100% guarantee of keeping clean, you could send the better half back to do it ...

I resemble that remark! I'd rather mess with this than the stinky slinky!!!

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

Don't need no special clothes, don't need no towel, don't need to rub my belt buckle on the truck, don't need to worry about slipping off a narrow ladder step. Just put my non-slip step on the tire, reach over without touching the side of the truck, insert the lock (I don't use the PITA pin that is very difficult to unlatch) and I'm on my way. No muss, no fuss, no carrying coveralls, no dressing up AND, if I am of a mind to clean the windshield, I just hang the same step on my front tire. Never a need to cover my tuxedo with anything.:cool:

View attachment 49411
i ordered one of these from Amazon this week - $29 - can't wait to see how it works for me!

wdk450

Don't need no special clothes, don't need no towel, don't need to rub my belt buckle on the truck, don't need to worry about slipping off a narrow ladder step. Just put my non-slip step on the tire, reach over without touching the side of the truck, insert the lock (I don't use the PITA pin that is very difficult to unlatch) and I'm on my way. No muss, no fuss, no carrying coveralls, no dressing up AND, if I am of a mind to clean the windshield, I just hang the same step on my front tire. Never a need to cover my tuxedo with anything.:cool:

View attachment 49411

Does this work with dually tires and the wide fenders in back???

BigGuy82

Does this work with dually tires and the wide fenders in back???

Absolutely - that's why I got it. Just hang it on the outside tire and hop on. You can also adjust the step height.

I have an F350 dually with the step taigate but I used to carry a small stepladder for doing the hitch locking pin. That's gone and I can easily store this thing when it's folded - I stick it between my behind cab toolbox and the side wall.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It doesn't look like it would fit on the front dually tires. Might hit the protruding rim sticking out.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nander, Dave and Nancy, have one and showed it off on their ford dually.

BigGuy82

It doesn't look like it would fit on the front dually tires. Might hit the protruding rim sticking out.

Don't know why the rear wheel picture keeps coming up sideways because it has the same orientation as the front wheel picture.

Anyway, as you can see and as mentioned previously, it clears the front wheel on my F350 with no problem. However, if your brand of truck has a hub cover that sticks out further, just raise the step one notch (you can see the holes). If you need more "reach" to get under the hood, just raise the step - it's easily adjustable

Bottom line here is simple: in my book, this thing rates right up there with canned beer and sliced bread. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it - it is inexpensive, light weight, safe, well built, strong, universal, easy to use and easy to store. For 30 bucks, I recommend trying one - what have you got to lose? Don't like it? Return it.

IMG_1430.JPG IMG_1432.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 33

HornedToad

One more question please... when it's folded will it fit behind the rear seat???

I don't have a tool box and cannot have anything rattling around in the bed.

BigGuy82

One more question please... when it's folded will it fit behind the rear seat???

I don't have a tool box and cannot have anything rattling around in the bed.

Nope. However, you might be able to bungee it if you can find a couple of hook points. Alternatively, you could put it in the basement or the generator compartment in your fiver. I fact, this might be a better idea - easy access and out of the weather. It is very well painted steel (the step and supporting bars look like they are chromed or somehow protected), but steel nevertheless. It may rust if you leave it in the open bed long enough.

PS: in previous pictures, please note how wide and solid the step is. Much safer than light weight ladders and plastic stools.

IronJ

While I have no issue picturing a dually I'm having a hard time with that beach model picture!! 😁
f2cc37f6dcbeacce91dd9bfd3b606444.jpg

Come on now!!...lol

(Thats not me btw)...lol

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish