HDMI Cable

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have a Sony HD dvd player connected to my bedroom TV with a HDMI cable. Source on TV set on HDMI1 and I have no signal. I can connect the two together with audio/video cables and it works fine. Am I missing something?
Do you have to play a HD program or movie for it to work with HDMI cable, or do I have a bad cable or something else.
All help appreciated.

danemayer

Hi bsummit,

If you selected HDMI1 on the TV, maybe there's an HDMI2 on the menu. If there's only one HDMI port, I'd try another cable.

bsummit

Ray, Dan, the TV has 3 HDMI ports and I tried all of them and menu-ed all of them on the TV. I don't have another cable but will get one and try it.

jbeletti

Try swapping the HDMI cable end-for-end. I actually have some HDMI cables with Redmere that are directional.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
And then it could be a bad port on the DVD player. May try hooking up to another TV to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cableman

Some TV's have issues with hdmi connections. try using a component cable and that will probably resolve your issue.

bsummit

It works fine with the component yellow, red, white cable. Haven't had a chance to get another HDMI cable and see if it works.

bsummit

Finally got a new HDMI cable and that was my problem. Everything works good now. Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions.