HDTV Dish Tripod Question

jpmorgan37

The HDTV saga is complete. When DirecTV came out, Jose took a look at our fifth wheel and said that they don't install in fifth wheels. So, I ordered my receiver (H21-100) and my newest Slimline Dish (with a single LNB) (picks up all 5 satellites) a DeWalt tripod, built an offset adapter and the Claw to anchor it. Put it all together and set it up, connected my Birdog, peaked 99 & 101, couldn't get a good lock on 103 but, when I checked signal strength on 103 b/a, I was over 90%. My receiver is locked in on 1080i and the picture is, to copy someone else's comment, WOO HOO. In researching why I can't get 103c, I read that some of the receivers are showing reversed, 103b/a instead of 103b/c. My picture is perfect and everything is working the way it is supposed to, so just curious if anyone else has experienced this. By the way, I want to thank everyone who gave me recommendations and offered suggestions for this project.

John

osims

bsims
If anyone else is looking for a good tripod set-up try www.tv4rv.com. I have the heavy duty model, it will work on Direct hdtv without an offset and also on dish 500.It's a little pricey but the set is much easier.
Bill

Delaine and Lindy

Bill Thanks for the web site, read all the info and I really need to upgrade the Tri-pod I have used for 4 years which has weaken due to Sun exposure. I did order the Heavy duty combo set up. If its as good as the info and comments should be a good buy. I have seen this type Tri-pod in some RV park before and liked the looks. I have used the Tri-pod from Lowes, the Dewalt type for Hughes net dish and the Direct-Tv 5 LNB and they have been set up in many different State's, hope this set up is as good. Again Thanks for your post. GBY...