Head scratchers

Cyberdave

You know, those what does that do or why the bleep is that there?

When we picked up our Key Largo, we had to transfer all of the stuff from the old to the new. Those of you that full time know how much stuff that can be.

We finally got done just before 6:00 PM and headed over to the RV park we were staying at. We got set up, leveled, power etc.

It was cold and had started to rain, we were exhausted and my eyes were about crossed. In the Key Largo there is a white box that is directly above the Dometic t-stat in the hallway. It looks exactly like an old style heater thermostat. I went to the Dometic t-stat and looked at it... I saw the white box mentioned above and the nice slider and adjusted it to 70 degrees. I heard this fan noise but no air from the ducts? WTH? So, I turned it back off and reset it much like you would an old style heater stat. Tried again, same thing so I lowered the temp to where it shut off and began looking at the Dometic (We have no manual for it BTW) and eventually discovered the mode control (remember, we were beat) I got the heater running and my wife loved the nice warm bathroom, In a few minutes, that strange other fan noise came back. By then, I was sitting in the recliner trying to relax. I followed the noise and viola! the temp controlled fan was running!! I didn't even think about that fan when I was trying to figure out how to get heat. So, now I know what the bleep that little white box does!

One thing that goes in the category of why the bleep did they do it that way is the location of the breaker box. No problem for young folks but as a full time rig, you'd think it would be more accessible.

We love this rig and it gets a lot of looks here at our home park.

brianharrison

:D Wait until it rains. If you have no maxxAire cover or similar and you get water on the rain sensor - you'll be "bleepin mad" at that "bleepin thing" because you can't figure out why the "bleepin thing won't open". Happened to me. :rolleyes:

Brian

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Congrats!! We've been in ours three weeks today...absolutely LOVE it! If there was anyone else in our park, I'm sure we'd be.getting lots of looks too...right now, just the local critters...LOL! Be careful warming up the bathroom too much...when we do we get condensation that develops on the inside of the fantastic vent cover and drips on the floor, or us if we're in there...

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I replaced the cheapo bathroom fan in ours with a MaxxAir 7000T. Works great and it takes care of the moisture in no time flat.