Heading to Rockport/Fulton Texas for winter (25 Days and counting)

rick_debbie_gallant

Preparing for our trek south to the great country er, a, state of Texas and the Rockport/Fulton area. We will be leaving from the flint, Mi area about October 15th. If time flys by like the past 6 months have we will be leaving on what will seem like tomorrow. Anyone interested in wagon training down there. Our First stop will Kokomo, in for a visit with my wife's sister for a few days. Then it is off to Dallas for a few days and to visit with my wifes brother. Yeeeeeeeeeeeehahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Later:D:D:D:D

jimtoo

Hey rick_debbie_gallant,

On your way to Rockport-Fulton area, you could stop by George West, Tx and enjoy the , George West Storyfest Saturday, Nov 7. Then it's only a short drive on down to Rockport.

rick_debbie_gallant

We may just have to do that. If the timing is wrong and we are already in Rockport/Fulton we may just take the truck and head on up there:cool:...
Thanks for the heads up partner!!:D

SmokeyBare

How long ya at Rockport... Rick? We'll be heading that direction our selves but coming out of Atlanta area and traveling along the southern route...

Our plans are to be there for the months of December and January.

rick_debbie_gallant

We will be there (Rockport/Fulton) until at least March and perhaps April. We will be staying at Woody Acres. May head to the NAS in Corpus for a week or two. But for sure at Woody's until March/April. I have had enough of Michigan winters. The most fun Debbie and I have is fishing. We dont even go after the fish on the high end of the food chain. The croakers at Charlie's pasture is good enough for us. Sometimes we will go after the other fish at the piers. 24 days to launch.:D:D:D:D:D:D

rick_debbie_gallant

Thanks Gus and Debbie. We have traveled the Great Lakes for the past 25 years on a sailboat. Now it is time see the country in our land yacht. Sure is nice that if we have a breakdown we dont have to worry about sinking:eek: or running aground:eek:, or getting caught in a storm:eek::eek:. Just have to pull over and hunker down. Hope to see ya all some time down the road. (now if I can just find a small dinghy to sail.) Better yet hang out at the marina's and hitch a ride during race day.:D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks Gus and Debbie. We have traveled the Great Lakes for the past 25 years on a sailboat. Now it is time see the country in our land yacht. Sure is nice that if we have a breakdown we dont have to worry about sinking:eek: or running aground:eek:, or getting caught in a storm:eek::eek:. Just have to pull over and hunker down. Hope to see ya all some time down the road. (now if I can just find a small dinghy to sail.) Better yet hang out at the marina's and hitch a ride during race day.:D

Small world! We've spent the last 20 years on the Chesapeake Bay and Potomac River doing exactly the same things you described (but on a power boat). Got rid of the boat this past winter and now we're hooked on the land yatching.:D

SmokeyBare

Gus,

It'll come pretty quick for you... even though it doesn't seem so just yet... I remember well my last couple years on the job. Make solid plans on your future... Retirement is as difficult for some as finding a JOB !! Good Luck !

Rick,

We selected Beacon RV Park and Marina... Link: http://www.beaconrv.com/

Having not been to Rockport area before... it was a shot in the dark as to what park to consider. I think the fishing pier lured me in... We'll see... :) I look forward to a visit with you and Debbie...

Tom of Ypsi

Rick and Debbie,

Why not leave Michigan earlier and try and make the Spring, Tx Heartland Rally starting on Oct 15. You can then go to Dallas then down to Rockport after having a good time with great people and good food. We hope to be at the rally but at this moment it does not look like we can even leave Michigan until Oct 7 at best.

rick_debbie_gallant

I would love to do that. However my wife is having a baby shower for my niece on the 11th of Oct. Have to visit her sister in kokomo on the way down for several days. etc.. etc..:eek: I was hoping to make it also.. but "happy wife, happy life.":angel:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Rick & Debbie, While in Rockport, be sure to check out the "Big Fisherman" all you can eat deal on Tuesday. Enjoy the area!

rick_debbie_gallant

Been there more times than I want to admit. I think they are responsible in part for my trousers starting to shrink:eek:! Not sure how that could happen, i mean how can going to the "The Big Fisherman" cause trousers to shrink?:confused: