Heading west across new mexico

Lynn1130

A little item to keep in mind. Watch the weather. This time of year winds between Gallup and Flagstaff can get wicked. If it is blowing there can be complete 0 visibility in some areas due to blowing dust. Not to mention trying to keep it on the road because it will be a crosswind.

8amps

We are headed east on 40 towards Texas on Tuesday. Really windy in Las Vegas right now. Gusts up to 50 mph. Glad we aren't leaving today!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hope to see you guys in Colorado this summer . . .

Or at the AZ Rally in Tucson next February!

Lynn1130

There are high winds forecast for NE Arizona for today and into tomorrow. I would be watching the weather closely before traveling that area.

AKDallBH

We are currently sitting in Flagstaff. Drove feom Reno to Williams last Friday, spent Saturday at the grand canyon. Drove into Flagstaff yesterday to a repair shop to have some issuea addressed. Took just the TV out yesterday to visit the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert.

Regarding road grades, nothing really significant. We have come down from Alaska, and there have been a lot of areas that are much worse in British Columbia (one hill hit 10% for 500 meters) and even I-5 in southern Oregon.

The wind is blowing significantly, and sometimes a crosswind. Will require you to slow down, but the bigger issue is when passing or being passed by semi's. We are going to be heading west on Wednesday, and hopefully the winds will die down some by then...but I don't think they are suppose to.

Lynn1130

Nope. Supposed to keep blowing but the front is headed East so you may end up in lower winds as it moves that way.

mayflower

Just west of Williams near Ash Fork there is a steep grade- 5 miles of 4 - 6% grade. From Albuquerque NM to Arizona there are no steep grades on HWY 40. So From Albuquerque NM to Williams there are no steep grades.
Thank you AAdams. I appreciate the info.