Heartland advertising

nhunter

We see one monthly in a free rv magazine. They probably think wortd of mouth is better.

BluegrassMan

Yeah, wuzup with that, I see Mobile Suites are running ads in Trailer Life. People ask me when I'm out, "Who makes your trailer ? Never heard of Heartland" I'm thinking that "they think" I bought a white elephant.

beardedone

Beardedone
My wife and I never heard of the company either but were exposed to the Bighorn at an RV show this spring. I was impressed with the layout and my wife loved the kitchen. The company rep was there and that helped a lot. Had he not been there I may well have written it off but his committment to the product struck a cord with us and we followed up. We ended up just buying the Landmark Augusta. It would have helped if we new something about the company before for sure. It actually made us hesitate and quite honestly if another good trailer had come along that we knew then we may not have bought the Heartland trailer. But, where do you turn to find out. RV magazine reviews may be slanted because the featured units always advertise in the magzine. Reliable product reviews for trailers are hard to come by. So you fly by the seat of pants to some extent. I just hope my piloting skills are good.
Gerry:D

Princess Kathleen

We were like you, this company is new, unknown, but seemed to have all the wants we wanted in their product. About advertising....we the owners are the advertising they use. Everytime the LuvShak pulls into the campground we are surrrounded by people with questions....and we enjoy answering them and steering them to Heartland.

PK

fivernine

Heartland magazine ads (or lack thereof)

Magazine ads are staggeringly expensive and the advertiser may have to commit for several issues. I have a manufacturing company making aerospace products and 15 years ago there was no real way to get the word out except through technical journals. A full page, 4-color would run well over $12,000 for one issue and only slightly less for several. And magazines haven't change their prices much in spite of the internet. It doesn't cost much more than that to put up a first-class website. We entered the industry right as the internet was blooming and went with the internet exclusively. Today, except for a couple of trade shows, we have no other advertising except our website and we get more solid responses per month than I ever saw from a magazine.

I can't blame Heartland for avoiding printed ads. The ads might make us who have already purchased Heartland products feel more in the "main stream," but it sure gobbles margin and drives up price. On the other hand, Heartland is doing great with this Forum: It presents far more information than they could ever convey with an ad and it shows Heartland's genuine commitment to the interests of its customers.

I think most buyers of expensive consumer products today like RVs tend to follow a certain pattern: find the product on the lot, check it out on the internet, search out the manufacturer and look for the best retail deals on the internet, return to the best lot and deal. (The dealers pray for the impulse buyer.) I'm guessing this is Heartland's strategy. Good on them for following it.

--Rick