Heartland Frame Thread on RV.com forum

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Thanks, guys. My 3670 is still in dealer storage, so it's unlikely that the frame has a problem....yet. But it's a 2009 model, probably built earlier in 2008. I just keep reading all of the problems that have come up on some fairly new units. Granted, they may be isolated and only look like it's widespread when viewed in this format. But it does make for a rather large pucker factor for a new owner and an even longer inspection check list when I finally take delivery.

khalsey

I bought my 2006 Landmark in Richmond,IN sometime in October. On the way home I noticed the pinbox didn,t look square with the trailer. I called Heartland sometime later and sent them some pictures. They told me to bring it to Elkhart and they would check it out. March I took it to RV Capital Services in Elkhart and they determined that the frame was flexing some. They ended up taking the front cap and the lower skin off and Lippert welded in several gussets. Nothing was broken but Heartland and Lippert took care of the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3824.jpg
    IMG_3824.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3829.jpg
    IMG_3829.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 104

shobbs64

Hi! My 3055RL, I have had for a year and 50 days, Heartland stated to me they will not fix it because my warranty expired! My date of purchase is 01/10/08, I took it to get it fixed on 03/02/09. According to HL if I want it fixed I have to pay to fix it.
Steve

Cheryl

khalsey,
Just curious, did you buy it new or used?

shobbs64,
I feel for you, we can't get ours fixed by Heartland either.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Steve, I have few questions. What exactly is the problem with the frame? Did you contact Lippert? The last time I checked the frame has a 5 year warrenty through Lippert not Heartland. Call Lippert and talk to them. Bob:confused: