Heartland name sign

dolphin15

Hi, my husband and I are new to the Heartland community, new owners of a Heartland 365, Ashland. We received a name sign from Heartland and I am hoping someone can tell us how to get power to it? We plugged it into our trucks USB port and the sign lights up, but not when plugged into the trailer. I have a feeling their is a switch somewhere but we have yet to find it. Thank you!

danemayer

Hi dolphin15,

Congratulations on the new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here so I'm sure another LM 365 owner will chime in shortly with an answer.

jbeletti

Hi and welcome to the forum!

In the bedroom of your Ashland, remove the drawer under the bench seat below the window. Look into the space and see the back of that USB outlet. There are two wires that connect to it. Perhaps one of the connectors slipped off.

dolphin15

Hi Dan and Ann,

Thank you! We are looking forward to our new adventure and meeting and making new camping friends. We hope to retire in a few years so we can spend more time on the road. But for now we are taking short hops where we can. Our major issue right now is getting the 3 TVs to work off the satellite. Our dealer can't seem to figure out what the problem is. My husband has spent many hours tracing what does work and what doesn't and he thinks now it has something to do with the new satellite the dealer installed, back to the shop next week, hopefully they will get it fixed this time.

Bill and Debbie Mundy
2015 Landmark 365 Ashland
2011 Ford F450 Diesel 4x4 (nick named The Beast)

danemayer

Hi Dan and Ann,

Our major issue right now is getting the 3 TVs to work off the satellite. Our dealer can't seem to figure out what the problem is. My husband has spent many hours tracing what does work and what doesn't and he thinks now it has something to do with the new satellite the dealer installed, back to the shop next week, hopefully they will get it fixed this time.

Things change fast at the factory, but I think the satellite wiring still feeds to the bedroom and to the living room. If you have a rooftop Winegard Traveler dish, the rooftop wires terminate in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) with the plumbing and jumpers are needed to connect to the internal wiring. I think to send satellite to a 3rd location you either have to install additional coax or perhaps grab the output of a receiver and send it to the 3rd TV via a wireless transmitter/receiver pair.