Heartland quality

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Currently truck shopping, and everywhere you go, the dealers want to "find your model" at another dealer. I've never asked but, do RV dealers "swap" inventory like car dealers do? If they don't why not??? We sort of ran into the same thing as John, when we bought our BH

ExploreUSA is the big dealer in Texas, they have 8 locations. At the Fort Worth RV show, they had salesmen from 3 stores in the DFW area. Basically at the show, you make a deal with whichever store the salesman was from. Even if the unit was on another store's lot. There was a couple there trying to make a deal on the model at the show, but then decided they wanted the dark brown decor in the same rig in Austin. The salesman (from Dallas) was going to take a deposit from them and have the rig in Austin moved to his store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

Thanks Dave. A lot of opinions by people who have low expectations I guess. Or Mabey mine are to high. Lol
Expectations, much like opinions will differ however, for me personally my expectations would be different if I were buying a "new" anything, compared to "used" as the OP did. I certainly would have zero expectations of the manufacture covering anything out of warranty especially for something purchased "used". I don't know how it is everywhere, but here in Ohio when you purchase a "used titled, registered vehicle" you actually have to sign a "No Warranty, Sold As Is" document (sometimes the seller will have a specific number of day(s) warranty as well), and once you sign it, it's on you after that. Because of that I spent over 6 hours doing the PDI on our current rig. We were all over that thing. LOL

Having said, and did all that I would have still been very disappointed if the first time we used it, and several things had not worked. As it has turned out I would say our Heartland has more than exceeded our expectations.

Safe travels everyone. :)

dave10a

Heartland is no different than the average RV mfg. when it comes to quality and warranty. However quality is easy to recognize but hard to define. However, if Heartland management believes that other manufacturers went out of business because for good quality, then we have a problem. That essentially tells their work force that mistakes and quality is not as important as pushing the product out the door regardless of quality.

nscaler2

I found very few problems with my BH. I purchased my trailer from Lazydays in Tampa and arrived at their cg two days early with my trade in. Watched off and on as the mechanic did the dealers PDI. A very thorough one. I did my own PDI after they delivered it to the transfer lot. Found around 8 items like loose screws, not mine, and tight locks. The dealer is the key to everything.JMO
Don
We are considering making a purchase from Lazydays. Were you satisfied with them? Did they resolve the other 8 issues that you came up with in a timely manner? Did their business practices seem legit?

Thanks

donr827

We are considering making a purchase from Lazydays. Were you satisfied with them? Did they resolve the other 8 issues that you came up with in a timely manner? Did their business practices seem legit?

Thanks

They resolved the problems the day I signed the papers. Very large and legit dealer. One of the nice benefits is that they own a CG next to the dealership where you can get use to the RV and if something is not quite right they come to your site and fix it.
Don

dave10a

Thanks

You can not go wrong with Lazydays. They are a professional organization.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was just on YouTube looking for some reviews on security cam systems and ran across this rundown of a newly purchased 5th wheel.
Guess stuff happens across at all manufacturers and dealers.
New RV Disaster.......More Drama

Peace
Dave

Bones

I have been refraining from making a comment. Quality is only as good as the person who actually builds it. That means the assembly line people. Quality is an extremely had metric to quantify. It is mainly in the eye of the person judging. What passes for one person doesn't necessarily pas for another person. It is a very hard metric to balance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
To be clear, I posted those links not as a bash on any manufacturer or dealer but to show that problems can and do happen to any brand.

Peace
Dave

Bones

To be clear, I posted those links not as a bash on any manufacturer or dealer but to show that problems can and do happen to any brand.

Peace
Dave
I know all too well from my in-laws of all the issues that can go on and my own issues but that does not change my opinion that Heartland makes a good product even with it's flaws. My reasoning is sorta two fold. You have the product you buy and then you have the support structure behind it. In my case I have had very good experience with both aspects and the warranty department have been extremely helpful with my camper and getting me replacement parts. On some aspects I chose to upgrade a few parts or change a few things, I would recommend Heartland again.

Just for a few other people here. My unit was dropped on the ground over a year ago. It had all of the landing gear destroyed and all of the supporting hardware destroyed. The camper unfortunately suffers a little from that drop on which I just deal with the issue and try to get it fixed. If heartlands quality was so poor I highly doubt I would be able to still camp in my unit after a drop like that.

Dave, there's no doubt in my mind these things happen across a lines of RV's. Over my life I've had 5 trailers and 2 motorhomes, coleman, Kit, Nash, Cardinal, Tioga, and a $250,000.00 Winnabago Vectra diesel pusher. Everyone of them have had a problem. The difference is, is the way the dealer and manufacturer treats the customer. I was flat out lied to by the dealer telling me the parts were on order when in fact they were not. Then for heartland to tell me they would check into it and call me back. That's all I wanted from heartland, but they blew me off, never called back. That my friend in any body's book is just ****** poor service. I would never treat my customers that way. And the fellow in the video that you sent me the link to had a good attitude toward the problem and maybe because Jayco said they would send a representative over the next day. That is Service. Blowing someone off is not service. Thanks for the video though, my problems so far were minor compared to his. CrazyRooster