Heartland sightings

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Spent the weekend in Va visiting family and on our way back to TN traveling down I81, we saw 2 HLs. The 1st one we saw was a Big Country (quad slides) about the 25 mile marker in VA. The other one was a Cyclone in TN at mile marker 43. Hope they had fun where ever they came from or going to None.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We just got back from a 3 week trip around Southern Alta., Mont. and Southern B.C. We had a Heartland product in every campgound but one. Talked to several folks, 2 from Alta. and gave cards for the Heartland Forum. Hopefully they will join in, most had been on somewhat as guests..../Doug

truknutt

Committed Member
Spotted a BigHorn heading North On I-81 near Martinsburg, West by-God yesterday. TV was a black GMC Crew SRW with what looked like "splash" graphics down the side. Couldn't really tell though as they were "Northbound and down" in the hammer lane. I've never seen a GMC move that fast..that wasn't on a rollback!!:rolleyes:

truknutt

Committed Member
Truth be told I think if he had slowed down any there would have been a backwards Kenworth imprint on his Big Horn's 6 o'clock! :eek: If you catch my drift ...

Big Rig traffic was crazy that day!!

R U guys back home from Arizona? Is she "official" now?!!

dieselsweetheart

Hey Truckie, we are still in the land of the SUN....111 today...115 predicted for Sat...I "walk" tomorrow at 5p (8p for you guys in the east!) Then we will be back to town on Sunday...landing at BWI at 5p....

thanks for thinking of us!!!

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey just don't get a swelled head. The flight home would really play havoc on those extra large sinus cavities. :eek: Oh darn, what was I thinking...you're getting your "papers" so now there's nothing I can tell you that you don't already know... medically anyway!!! :p

I'm serious though; I will be observing your band-aid application skills after Segway class!! :rolleyes:

Y'all enjoy the ceremony and have a safe flight home. C U in August!

Cheryl

Two Sundances, one Cyclone, one Eagle Ridge, and our Landmark at the Castaways RV Resort & Campground, just below Ocean City, MD, last week. Followed a Bighorn on friday while leaving Maryland and saw two Bighorns at the Friendship Village campground in Bedford, PA.

truknutt

Committed Member
Saw a BigHorn headed North on I-81 this afternoon (26 Jul) near MM 29ish or so. TV was a maroon GM extra cab long bed. We had the Cyclone heading south to the house (Exit 14).

Do y'all know how dangerous it is to be courteous and acknowledge another Heartland Owner? I find myself staring at the oncoming rig, trying to catch a glimpse of the driver, waving and seeing if they wave back, and then having to fend off the beating I'm getting from my Co-Pilot/Navigator/CFO as she's yelling at me to get back over in our lane!! :mad:

dieselsweetheart

Cyclone spotted today (8/1/09) in Sara's Campground in Presque Isle (Erie, PA). Probably enjoying the beach there at Lake Erie, or the amusement park across the street (Waldameer), or the new Tom Ridge Environmental Center (all green building).

If this is your rig, we waved at you as we drove past!

We take care of a campground for the summer in St. Paul Alberta 120 miles NE of Edmonton. We are starting to see alot more heartlands out our way a landmark pinehurst parked next to us for a few days great people. If anyones out our way Ironhorse trail rv park come say hello D&D in our Augusta

dieselsweetheart

Sundance spotted headed south on 71 toward Cincinnati...today (8/9/09) around 1:30pm.

Cyclone spotted headed towards Baltimore on 695 EAST around 6:30pm today (8/9/09)

Rigmover06

Big Horn Sighting

Passed a Big Horn on the Coquihala about 10 pm Last night (Saturday August 8) going south. Ended up in the same Wal Mart parking lot in Abbotsford. Did a double take as the Pete and Cyclone went scooting on by Jakes just a thundering coming off the smasher, all Jakes and no brakes:D.

Last edited:

sharmulst

Big Country in North Dakota

Spotted a Big Country headed west on US Highway 2 about 3 miles east of Devils Lake, ND this afternoon. TV was white, but unable to tell what kind as we were going east.
We are presently at Turtle River State Park west of Grand Forks, ND. This is another very nice ND state park.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Sundance spotted

Spotted a Sundance today headed North on Hwy 16 between Taylorsville and Wilkesboro,NC.It was being towed by a Ford truck.

Tom of Ypsi

DW spotted 3 different Sundances on I-75 N in Michigan yesterday. She was riding with Sis-in-law heading S in a car.

brunsje

Elaine and I headed to NW Iowa last week (Aug 7-14) I didn't spot a single Heartland the entire drive! We were headed for Estherville, Iowa and a little county-operated campground called Wolden Park. However, when we pulled into the campground there sat a 2007 Sundance! I talked to the gentleman who owned the camper and he said it was going to be the last camper they will ever buy, because they like it so much! :D I asked if he ever got on the forum, but they don't, however he said his wife is going to look it up and probably get on!:)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Was running our rig up to Bristol this a.m. and passed a Big Horn in Knoxville westbound around the MM378. Then on the way home past another Big Horn traveling eastbound, tv was a chevy, around MM 412. How many BH's can you pass in one day???

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Spotted a Big Horn with a white TV southbound on I45 between Huntsville and Conroe yesterday afternoon.