Heartland Sundance XLT

BobX2

Considering purchasing a Sundance XLT and I'm just looking for a little reassurance that the quality of the XLT series is up to the standards I have experienced with previous Jayco products. I'm very familiar with forums, so I understand that this question on a Heartland forum may well lead to some overly biased replies. However, I have also experienced some very non-biased replies on other subjects in the past, so I figured this would be worth a shot. Just looking for some straight up comments, likes and/or dislikes. Thanks all.

jimtoo

Hi BobX2,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some replies soon. And your right about some forums and opinions. Normally here I think we have a great bunch of folks. Once in a while you get someone overboard on failed service or repairs, but in general you will find good reports.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Sundance.

Jim M

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have had our 2011 XLT 29RE for 3 years now. I can honestly say I would recommend it to a friend. That being said, there are limitations to the XLT platform, mostly due to the price point and the weight limitations. Larger storage, more cabinets, additional slides and different materials would add price and weight to the unit. If you want a four slide, 38 foot, all amenities included fifth wheel, this is not the unit. If you want a lightweight, aerodynamic, easy to tow fifth wheel, these are great units. According to the specs, some of the smaller units are even half ton towable.

We have had a few issues in the past three years. Furnace, oven and a bubble had formed on the exterior lamination. All have been taken care of by Heartland. They even worked with a local independent RV repair shop to do the work. Within 15 minutes of the house. That was great.

Good luck with your search.

BobX2

Thanks for the welcome. Always a little leary about putting out a sizeable amount of cash on a product that I'm not familiar with. Hoping to be convinced without having to sort through to much..., well, you know. I have my eye on a 245 XLT which looks to be about the perfect size for my wife, myself and our dog.