Heartland Warranty issues

Barbie

Hi Heartland Owners! I have read some of the posts here regarding warranty work, and would like feedback on our issues. We have had the Big Country 3070 now for 9 months with it being in the shop for about 5 months. Our issues have been:

• Two slides wont fully open, and sometimes slide open on their own when we are traveling
  • The drivers side LR slide cuts a 6 inch gash in the carpet, which has already been replaced once and just cut another gash in the same place again. (both the carpet and the slide were "fixed" in the shop the last time)
  • The levelers wont level, even when on level surfaces. We have had less than 10% success with them working, and when we have to use manual, they work front to back but not side to side) We did take a video of them not performing when we were were in it last week to send to the dealer and Heartland
  • The fresh water tank will not fill over 2/3 full, it drains out of the overflow valve
  • The stove/ counter-top is separating from the body of the coach by ~1/4 inch

On a minor note, the LED trim lighting around the sconces in back, above the dining room table and under the island are all different colors (from blue-white to amber). Heartland has said that is not the way it is supposed to be, and haven't replied if that would be considered warranty work.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Is there someone i can contact at Heartland? From my perspective, my husband and i have invested quite a bit of time and effort into getting the RV to function properly and we aren't there yet.

We appreciate any feedback

Thanks

Barbara

danemayer

Hi Barbara,

Sorry to see a list like this; especially the repeat problems. It does sound like your current servicer either doesn't know what he's doing, or perhaps is not trying hard enough. And it may take some coordination between the servicer, Heartland, and Lippert (slides and leveling system) to help get this all straightened out.

I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready along with your list. Even if you've spoken with them previously, at this point you need help to get all these problems fixed, hopefully without the trailer just sitting at the dealer until they get around to it. So you should ask Heartland to assign one person at Heartland to take charge of resolving all the problems and to stay involved with frequent updates to you until all the problems are resolved. That person will be in contact with the dealer and with Lippert and anyone else needed to resolve the problems.

With a little extra attention and some motivation at the dealer, you should be able to get things resolved quickly.

Last edited:

Westwind

Might be time to start looking for another dealer to do the work, Heartland should be able to help you with that. You don't want people working on your trailer that aren't invested in the service part of the deal. Sometimes a service provider that doesn't care about you or your trailer is not a good thing,

jstarwal

Hi Barbie,
We talked to Darell at heartland in Elkhart, In. We made an appointment and they had it for two days. All is fixed and everything is great.
They have 5 parking sites with FULL hookup and concrete pads.
Very pleased with their service and professional attitude.

Jack & Lynette

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Elkhart is not always an easy option for those who don't have plans to travel that far away from home.

Or that direction from where they typically travel.

We go north, south and west from Denver with our camper . . . but seldom that far east.

jstarwal

It may not be, but it gets the job done without the long wait time
Just my opinion.

Jack & Lynette

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It may not be, but it gets the job done without the long wait time
Just my opinion.

Jack & Lynette

We are originally from southern Michigan (not far from Elkhart) and plan on going back there with our Prowler in 2018 (40th. class reunion).

But I would hate to have to make a special trip back there (1300 miles) just for repairs.

Although I could visit my relatives who live in and around Elkhart that I haven't seen in a long while.

Garypowell

Barbie,

certainly dont want want to blame you but many time people think an RV dealership is like an automotive one. I don't understand why not but most only focus on the sale. 5 months simply indicates they really don't take your problems as a priority.

With RV service you have to take an active part in the repair process and set deadlines, check frequently, double check with heartland that your parts are ordered, etc.

everything you listed is fixable you just have to work with HL to find a better place close to you. But even if they are better you still have to be involved.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Barbara, you need to get on the phone with HL and have them find a non-dealer service center to do the repairs. You might PM "TandT' and ask Trace what the name of the place he uses in OC. BTW, Maybe you and Jack can join us in Oct. for our rally at Temecula.

I bet I could guess the name of the dealer.

jstarwal

Hey Bob, is Temecula, in California?
We are signed up for the national rally in Las Vegas in October. Will you and Patty be there?

Jack & Lynette

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hey Bob, is Temecula, in California?
We are signed up for the national rally in Las Vegas in October. Will you and Patty be there?

Jack & Lynette

I can answer for Bob on both of those............

1......Yes in Calif

2.......Yes they are attending