Heartlands with 1 and a half baths. Tank questions. Sundance bunkhouse.

Mr_Black

We just bought a new rig last month and its got two batthrooms and 4 tanks. Sundance 3100RB

It has a "docking station" with three cable operated valve handles in it. We figured out on our own that waste is black, gray1 is shower/sink, and gray2 is galley.

It has a tank monitoring system for the three I listed together and a seperate monitor panel in the rear bath.

The part I cannot figure out is on the street side of the camper there are two drains, one at the front and one at the rear. The one at the front is the three combined I meantioned earlier. The one at the rear is for the half bath.

I cannot for the life of me find a drain handle or cable operated valve for that 4th tank.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mr_Black, I have no idea, as I am not familiar with the Sundance line.
Some Sundance owners may chime in here with some useful information.

I would suggest calling HL customer service at 877-262-8032 with your model and vin number.
They should be able to answer your question for you.

Congrats on the purchase of your new rig. Trace

MCTalley

We have a Big Country with rear kitchen. The galley grey water tank has a separate rear drain like your half bath. Our pull handle for that tank is mounted on the side of the frame on the off-door side. There is a black plastic flip-down door on the side of the trailer that, when flipped down, lets you see the handle.

Not sure, but that gives you a place to look.

Razorback

On our Sundance 3300fb (1.5 bath) the rear tank valve is about 2-3 feet behind the rear left wheel on the frame up behind the skirt. Maybe this will help.

Mr_Black

Thanks for the info everyone.

I'll take another look this weekend. It's gotta be there somewhere. If all else fails I'll call the factory. At this time I am kind of enjoying the challange.

Here is a pic of the street side. Two drains. I don't see any other trap doors anywhere.

012.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Perhaps if you loosen the coroplast near the rear door, you might see where the valve is mounted and be able to follow the cable.

Mr_Black

Thanks to all that said in the frame rail.

Like most things in a mans life, it was right freakin in front of me. You know, if it were a snake it would have bit me! It is right in the middle of the frame rail in the short span of frame behind the bathroom door steps and the back bumper.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

DonnyB007

Drain Pipe Question: I noticed that the drain pipe that darins the black/ grey water was put on about a 45 degree angled down. No doubt this was to facilitate better evacuation of the tanks. But it does come down low and I was wondering if anyone had problems with the low drain pipe; such as hitting the pipe on objects while in transit? I live in Northern, Ontario and frequent parks that are not always nice and level. I can have the pipe changed to bring it up to about a 20 degree slope down, but it will cost us about 500 bucks.

The other problem is that I purchased a clear 45 degree angle sewer attachment that fits on the end of the pipe and with this new 45 degree angle down, it screws up putting on that clear attachment to see what is coming out. Any suggestions folks?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your 45clear attacement should connect in four different positions. It does not have to angle down.
I would not spend $500 to change the slope of the drain pipe.
Have you looked into buying some ABS fittings for a few bucks and changing it yourself?

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
You can get every ABS fitting and pipe on amazon, including all those oddball adapters.
Cost me about $80 for the parts to re-do most of my my black pipe.

iPhone using Tapatalk