Heater tubing under floor of Bighorn 3760

kbausano

While roaming around behind basement walls searching for unused space, I noticed a loose pipe (pic #1) that may have been the cause of certain airflow issues.

The question I have (pics #2 & 3) is whether anyone has this 1.5” piping running to any particular fitting to heat the basement - or are they all left ‘open’ such as this?

4a07eb77d95890c11019e5018ca70aa5.jpg
78ecd402e4d6ef57c1bbbf0fd175791c.jpg
8b52365cebfc0c8fdbf1c6248cc805e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That "open ended" 1-1/2" pipe is considered to be the "heated underbelly" for what it is worth.

kbausano

The 1-1/2" duct is stubbed out in the underbelly to provide warm air flow into that area.

I get the concept - just wondering if this air duct is intended to be simply dropped into the belly ‘naked’, or connected somewhere to a fitting of some kind?

danemayer

I get the concept - just wondering if this air duct is intended to be simply dropped into the belly ‘naked’, or connected somewhere to a fitting of some kind?

It's just left hanging there and air flows out of it. It's not supposed to be connected to anything.

esscobra

I have same model- should be connected to heater then yes dumps into area to heat belly/basement- bathroom gets way to hot - planning on installing t off line to bathroom and putting more into basement- or possibly feeding into line that goes to back by couch - that's the coldest part of trailer- earlier in yea when it was mid-high 20's - set heater to 48 and put remote temp senders in belly area and basement and they stayed 40-42 range

you can move the wall back very easily and gain nearly a foot of storage space- I moved transfer switch and converter and surge unit further over and and currently making plans for using that big area for tool/bbg storage or for some additional batteries/inverter/solar controller.