Hello! 1st time owners

klb1029

Hi to everyone! My husband and I just bought a Mallard M33 and so far we are very pleased. This is our first venture into the camping world. We took our maiden voyage this past weekend to visit family about 4 hours away and had no major issues. We currently live in Mississippi but my husband is being relocated in April to Colorado and the plan is for him to live in the camper until we can sell our house in MS and the kids finish the school year. Any advice for him living full time in the camper? It will just be him and his service dog until the middle of July likely. Thanks in advance! Once we all move to Colorado and things settle down we are very excited to begin using the camper for actual camping.

Oldelevatorman

Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland family! Plenty of great people here to answer your questions. Also on YouTube you’ll find plenty of info on full timing and lots of travel stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Congrats and Welcome !!!! Add some water w chems to black tank. How much water depends on tank capacity. Example: if 40 gallons add 10 gallons. Do not open dump valves until tanks are full. You need water in tank (especially black) to aid in removing solids). Don't leave water running at sinks or shower. If you have double sink in kitchen, fill one up partly for washing, the other the same for rinsing. Can actually leave the rinse water in all day if ya want. Take "sailor showers". Get wet, turn water off. Soap up, then rinse off. Make sure you have a pressure reducer on campground's water spigot before attaching your hose. Some folks turn water off while gone during the day, others leave on the whole time. Your call. Also, if you don't have one yet, get a surge protector. Progressive Industries gets high marks. Lil pricey, but worth it.

Feel free to ask questions. Many years of experience on here and it seems everyone learns or sees something new all the time.

jbeletti

Congrats and welcome. Where in Colorado will your husband be? I'm in the Colorado Springs area and would be happy to give him some in person guidance.