Hello all, new rv'er here

Hello all. I just purchased my first rv, a 2011 Bighorn 3585RL. My wife and I have been renting a cabin in a campground that is almost all trailers, some rental but mostly seasonal. After nearly 20 years of renting for two weeks a year we decided to buy our own trailer and become seasonal. I must say I am overwhelmed by how much I don't know about these things. I am fairly handy and I'm sure I'll pick these things up but the guy gene in me says I should know it all now. Anyway, I'm glad I found this place and I'm sure I'll be harassing you all with endless and sometimes stupid questions.

jimtoo

Hi basscatfrank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. If you have any questions we have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

sengli

Welcome, and due to your rigs age. I would for sure start looking over just about every caulking seem you can see. After about three years, especially if they have been stored outside, the whole time. Those joints are due to be inspected and redone as needed. definitely check your roof too. Water intrusion kills RV's.

david-steph2018

Welcome to the world of rving.
Don't worry about knowing it all now. We have owned 3 different campers over 16 years, and I am still learning things.