Hello from Florida - Getting my feet wet in the forum

Bigdog01

Good morning, all,
I’m about as far from Saskatchewan as it gets, Palm Harbor (Tampa Bay Area) Florida, but I wanted to “get my feet wet” in the forums.
We have owned a 2014 Heartland Big Horn 3010RE since May of 2014, but I’m just getting around to posting a “Hello”Item.
We are a small family, just me, my wife Beverly, and our beloved dog, Ironman (a racing greyhound rescue).
I hope that none of you have had as bad an experience as I have the first four years of ownership.
I have had three blowouts, two damaging the rig, all in dangerous “side of the Interstate” venues.
The shower door has fallen apart, the cover for the pin box blew off, and I’ve had multiple problems with the charging system relevant to the fuses for the onboard power converter. The fuses were nearly 100% inaccessible where they managed to put that unit in my rig. I have relocated the converter now, the only logical solution.
Other than that, my wife absolutely loves the interior. The kitchen and all the accoutrements are real :rolleyes: luxury features to us (we learned RVing for 18 years in a 21’ class C).
I have moved to load range G tires, so hopefully I’m getting the blowout problem solved.
We are hoping for a really long trip in September somewhere in the northern US but Canada is a possibility. High of 85 degrees here today. Have a great day.
Gary Bucklew
BigHorn 3010RE
Chevy 2500 Duramax
Lots of roads to travel.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Welcome Gary and Beverly! Time for you guys to make a Heartland Owners Rally and really get connected with the owners group :) See the Events button on the navigation bar up top on any forum screen. If you've not already done so, join the Heartland Owners Club - it's fast and free to join and it benefits our Chapter Leaders when you attend their rallies.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Gary,

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like the rig still had the original Towmax tires on it when you purchased your Bighorn. I assume that its relatively new to you? One of the great things about this forum that you will see is that if you do the research on topics or just ask the questions, there is a ton of information on things to save you the grief you had and are having. The members here will be able to answer questions and give you decades of RV experience to help prevent things like that. The first thing is, don't be shy about asking questions. There are tons of brands of tires and things that have lots of documented failures. If you don't mind my asking, what G rated tires did you go with?

If you are having other issues, please list your questions and I am sure that folks will offer some outstanding advice on how to navigate those and preempt future catastrophes.

Rod

carl.swoyer

Good morning, all,
I’m about as far from Saskatchewan as it gets, Palm Harbor (Tampa Bay Area) Florida, but I wanted to “get my feet wet” in the forums.
We have owned a 2014 Heartland Big Horn 3010RE since May of 2014, but I’m just getting around to posting a “Hello”Item.
We are a small family, just me, my wife Beverly, and our beloved dog, Ironman (a racing greyhound rescue).
I hope that none of you have had as bad an experience as I have the first four years of ownership.
I have had three blowouts, two damaging the rig, all in dangerous “side of the Interstate” venues.
The shower door has fallen apart, the cover for the pin box blew off, and I’ve had multiple problems with the charging system relevant to the fuses for the onboard power converter. The fuses were nearly 100% inaccessible where they managed to put that unit in my rig. I have relocated the converter now, the only logical solution.
Other than that, my wife absolutely loves the interior. The kitchen and all the accoutrements are real :rolleyes: luxury features to us (we learned RVing for 18 years in a 21’ class C).
I have moved to load range G tires, so hopefully I’m getting the blowout problem solved.
We are hoping for a really long trip in September somewhere in the northern US but Canada is a possibility. High of 85 degrees here today. Have a great day.
Gary Bucklew
BigHorn 3010RE
Chevy 2500 Duramax
Lots of roads to travel.
Welcome to the greatest forum!
Lot's of people here with alot of knowledge to pass on.
I live in Spring Hill Florida just north of you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk